Effect of Magnetic Nanohybrid on the Structure–Property Relationship of Poly(Styrene) Based Copolymer
- 26 Downloads
A novel random copolymer nanocomposite was synthesized by a three step process. In the first step a magnetic nanohybrid was prepared and a random copolymer was synthesized by an emulsion method in the second step. In the third step, a random copolymer nanocomposite was prepared. An FTIR and 1H-NMR spectra were used to confirm the chemical structure of the materials. The DSC and TGA results declared that the Tg and Td of the nanocomposite was increased by increasing the % weight loading of the magnetic nanohybrid. The Mw of the nanocomposite was increased due to the chemical grafting of magnetic nanohybrid onto the random copolymer backbone. Due to the encapsulation effect the magnetic moment value of the nanocomposite decreased. The catalytic activity of the nanocomposite was tested towards the reduction of p-nitrophenol (NiP). The present methodology offers a heterogeneous, magnetic and fluorescent catalyst.
KeywordsMagnetic nanohybrid Nanocomposite Synthesis Characterization Catalytic reduction
Glass transition temperature
We express our sincere thanks to Mrs. G. Vijayalakshmi for her valuable help during this manuscript preparation work.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that there is no conflict of interest among the authors.
- 7.J. Kamcev, D.S. Germack, R.B. Grubbs, C.Y. Nam, Nano 7, 339 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.S. Luna Eunice, B. Meenarathi, R. Anbarasan, J. Chem. Pharm. Res. 8, 38 (2016)Google Scholar
- 11.J. Wang, Y. Song, Small 13, 1 (2017)Google Scholar
- 13.M.T. Shah, A. Balouch, A.A. Pathan, S. Sabir, A.A. Umar, Microsyst. Technol. (in press)Google Scholar
- 14.T. Ma, W. Yang, S. Liu, H. Zhang, F. Liang, Catalyst 7, 1 (2017)Google Scholar
- 16.Y. Peng, W. Leng, B. Dong, R. Ge, H. Duan, Y. Guo, Chin. J. Catal. 36, 117 (2015)Google Scholar
- 19.N.P. Bengzon, C.H. Lee, P. Li, Polymers 8, 1 (2016)Google Scholar
- 21.W.H. Eisa, F.A. Ali, A.S. Sadek, Int. J. Eng. Res. Appl. 4, 74 (2014)Google Scholar
- 23.G. Saranya, M. Kaviya, B. Meenarathi, R. Anbarasan, Int. J. Chem. Biol. Sci. 3, 18 (2017)Google Scholar
- 26.B. Meenarathi, R. Baskaran, R. Anbarasan, Int. J. Chem. Biol. Sci. 2, 1 (2015)Google Scholar
- 27.B. Meenarathi, P. Siva, M. Jeyapriya, R. Anbarasan, Adv. Polym. Technol. (in press)Google Scholar
- 28.B. Domenech, M. Munoz, D.N. Mutriev, J. Macanas, Nanoscale Res. Lett. 116, 406 (2016)Google Scholar
- 36.V.S. Shinde, M.R. Girme, V.U. Pawar, Ind. J. Chem. 50A, 781 (2011)Google Scholar