Selective Sensing of Iron by Pyrrolo[2,3-c]Quinolines
- 29 Downloads
This paper reports development of an iron sensor, 2-(3H-pyrrolo[2,3-c]quinolin-4-yl)aniline (APQ). The fluorophore facilitates micromolar detection of Fe3+/Fe2+ in the presence of various cations, including well-known interfering cations Co2+and Cu2+ by the process of fluorescence quenching.
KeywordsPyrrolo-quinoline Iron sensing ESIPT Quenching Logic gate
T.U.K. thanks CSIR and BITS-Pilani for PhD fellowship. S.V.P. thanks DST- inspire (IF150605) scheme for providing senior research fellowship. A.N. thanks DST-SERB (SB/FT/CS-129/2013) for financial support. A.B. thanks Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi for research grant. Authors gratefully acknowledge support from Department of Science and Technology, India for the FIST grant SR/FST/CSI-240/2012.
- 3.Lushchak V, Semchyshyn H (eds) (2012) Oxidative stress: molecular mechanisms and biological effects. Intech. https://doi.org/10.5772/2333
- 5.Ohashi A, Ito H, Kanai C, Imura H, Ohashi K (2005) Cloud point extraction of iron(III) and vanadium(V) using 8-quinolinol derivatives and Triton X-100 and determination of 10moldm level iron(III) in riverine water reference by a graphite furnace atomic absorption spectroscopy. Talanta 65:525–530CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Lan L, Niu Q, Guo Z, Liu H, Li T (2017) Highly sensitive and fast responsive “turn-on” fluorescent sensor for selectively sensing Fe 3+ and Hg 2+ in aqueous media based on an oligothiophene derivative and its application in real water samples. Sensors Actuators B Chem 244:500–508CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 18.Zhao B, Liu T, Fang Y, Wang L, Song B, Deng Q (2016) A novel colorimetric chemosensor based on quinoline for the sequential detection of Fe3+ and PPi in aqueous solution. Tetrahedron Lett 58:1025–1029Google Scholar
- 19.Joshi S, Kumari S, Bhattacharjee R, Sarmah A, Sakhuja R, Pant DD (2015) Experimental and theoretical study: determination of dipole moment of synthesized coumarin–triazole derivatives and application as turn off fluorescence sensor: High sensitivity for iron(III) ions. Sensors Actuators B Chem 220:1266–1278CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 32.Xue K, Wang P, Dong W, Luo X, Cheng P, Xu K (2018) Fluorescence Sensors for Fe3+ Ion with High Selectivity and Sensitivity and Bioimaging in Living Cells. Chem Select 3:11081Google Scholar
- 40.Damera DP, Venuganti VVK, Nag A (2018) Deciphering the Role of Bilayer of a Niosome towards Controlling the Entrapment and Release of Dyes. Chem Select 3:3930Google Scholar