Characteristics of Thermal Action on Porous Cellulose Acetate Composite Material
An analysis is given of the thermal action on an MGA-95 composite porous film cellulose acetate industrial prototype by differential scanning calorimetry. Investigation of an air-dry sample and a water-saturated sample indicates redistribution of the relation in the quantity of perfect crystal structures in crystallites having different values for the enthalpy of melting, which decreases for the low-temperature phase from 6.06 to 0.99 kJ/kg, and for the high-temperature phase, from 1.99 to 1.72 kJ kg. The total melting enthalpy of the endothermic peaks measures from 8.57 to 6.55 kJ/kg, which points to a reduction in the crystallinity of the water-saturated MGA-95 polymer composite film sample.
Keywordsporous film crystallinity amorphism bound water differential-scanning calorimetry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Kotov, G. A. Netesova, O. V. Peregonchaya, and I. V. Kuznetsova, Nonisothermal dehydration and desolvation of cation-exchange membranes, Sorb. Khromatogr. Protsessy, 10, Issue 2, 208-215 (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.G. Pourcelly, V. V. Nikonenko, N. D. Pismenskaya, and A. V. Yaroslavtsev, Applications of charged membranes in separation, fuel cells, and emerging processes, in: Ionic Interactions in Natural and Synthetic Macromolecules, John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey (2012), pp. 761–816.Google Scholar
- 5.N. D. Pis′menskaya, V. V. Nikonenko, N. A. Mel’nik, G. Pourcelly, and C. Larchet, Influence of the characteristics of the ion-exchange membrane/solution boundary on mass transfer in intense current modes, Élektrokhimiya, 48, No. 6, 677–697 (2012).Google Scholar
- 6.N. G. Polyanskii and P. E. Tupulov, Thermal stability of ion-exchange resins, Usp. Khim., 11, Issue 12, 2250–2279 (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.P. E. Tupulov, Resistance of Ion-Exchange Membranes [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 15.V. I. Vasil’eva, N. D. Pis’menskaya, É. M. Akberova, and K. A. Nebavskaya, Influence of thermochemical action on the morphology and the degree of hydrophobicity of heterogeneous ion-exchange membranes, Zh. Fiz. Khim., 88, Nos. 7–8, 1114–1120 (2014).Google Scholar
- 18.M. Bischoff, G. Seide, and T. Gries, Analytical methods for polymers and polymer fibres, Gummi Fasern Kunststoffe, 69, No. 4, 210–216 (2016).Google Scholar