Dynamics of Radial Soaking of a Material with a Dispersed Medium
- 3 Downloads
Processes of capillary absorption of a liquid by a material have been investigated. A design has been proposed for a device to assess the physical and chemical condition of the material by the dynamics of its soaking. Taking into account the device′s design and the specific features of the liquid′s travel in the capillary system of the investigated material, differential equations describing the dynamics of its soaking have been obtained. Results have been presented and analyzed of experimental investigations of a paper′s circular soaking with different dispersed media. Based on the obtained data, model dependences have been constructed, using which optimization of the developed device′s design has been implemented.
Keywordswetting capillary absorption dispersed medium porosity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. D. Summ and Yu. V. Goryunov, Physicochemical Principles of Wetting and Spreading [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.G. A. Aksel′rud and M. A. Al′tshuler, Introduction to Capillary-Chemical Technology [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.D. N. Smirnov, Automatic Control of the Processes of Wastewater and Natural Water Treatment [in Russian], Stroiizdat, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.CST Equipment; http://www.tritonel.com/cst_equipment/.
- 5.I. O. Orobei, S. E. Zharskii, I. F. Kuz′mitskii, V. N. Matsul′, and V. V. Saroka, Method to Determine the Propagation of the Wetting Boundary and the Boundary Angle inside the Capillaries of Porous Material and the Device and Automated Measuring System Implementing It, Patent No. 8807 BY. MPC7 G01N13/02, 13/00. Published 30. 03. 2005. Bull. No. 2.Google Scholar
- 6.S. Morrison, The Chemical Physics of Surfaces [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Abramzon and G. M. Gaevyi, Surfactants: a Handbook [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1979).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. V. Bogdanova, V. D. Dolzhikova, and B. D. Summ, Influence of the chemical nature of components on the wetting action of solutions of surfactant mixtures, Vestn. Moskovsk. Univ., Khim., 45, No. 3, 186–194 (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.N. Oliferovich, D. Hryniuk, and I. Orobei, Measuring the speed of capillary soaking with adaptation regarding coordinates, Proc. Open Conference of Electrical, Electronic and Information Sciences (2015), pp. 1–4; doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/eStream.2015.7119495.