Modeling External Heat Loads on the Spacecraft in a Thermal Vacuum Chamber
- 3 Downloads
A method and an algorithm to solve the problem on reproduction, with maximum possible accuracy, of heat loads on the surface of the spacecraft in a thermal vacuum chamber with the aid of the radiating system incorporating thermal shields and halogen incandescent lamps have been presented. In simulation experiments conducted for the characteristic heat loading of the spacecraft surface, the possibility to substantially improve the accuracy of solution of the problem by combining the thermal shields and the incandescent lamps into a single radiating system has been demonstrated.
Keywordsthermal vacuum chamber thermal shields halogen incandescent lamps modeling heat loads optimization spacecraft
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. A. Pollara, Improved thermal vacuum chamber temperature performance via gaseous nitrogen thermal conditioning units, Proc. 13th European Conf. on Spacecraft Structures, Materials and Environmental Testing, April 1–4, 2014, Braunschweig (2014), Vol. 727.Google Scholar
- 2.S. Gary, Manufacturing of cryoshroud surfaces for space simulation chambers, Proc. 25th Space Simulation Conf., October 20–23, 2008, Annapolis, MD (2008), p. 31.Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Ul′yanov and M. V. Solov′ev, Optimization of thermal vacuum testing of space complexes on a VK 600/300 unit, Polyot, Special Issue, 82–93 (2009).Google Scholar
- 4.Cao Zhisong, Pei Yifei, Liu Shouwen, and Yin Xiaofang, Infrared lamp array design and radiation heat flux analysis, Proc. 7th IASME / WSEAS Int. Conf. on Heat Transfer, Thermal Engineering, and Environment (HTE '09), pp. 96–100 (2009).Google Scholar
- 5.Wang Jing, Liu Shouwen, and Pei Yifei, Infrared lamp array simulation technology used during satellite thermal testing, Int. J. Mech. Aerospace Ind. Mechatronic Manuf. Eng., 4, No. 9, 905–907 (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Kolesnikov, A. V. Paleshkin, and Sh. O. Syzdykov, Prospects for using halogen incandescent lamps to model the conditions of external heat transfer of spacecraft, Tepl. Protsessy Tekh. (2017) (in editing).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Kolesnikov and A. V. Paleshkin, Optimization of the energy regime of operation of an external-heat-load simulator, Tr. MAI, No. 37 (2010).Google Scholar
- 9.A. V. Kolesnikov, A. V. Paleshkin, and Sh. O. Syzdykov, Optimization of temperature regimes of thermal shields in modeling heat loads in a thermal vacuum chamber, Tepl. Protsessy Tekh., 8, No. 9, 401–407 (2016).Google Scholar
- 10.A. V. Kolesnikov, A. V. Paleshkin, and Sh. O. Syzdykov, Procedure for calculating the irradiance of elements of test objects in lamp simulators of external heat loads, Tepl. Protsessy Tekh., 9, No. 6, 267–275 (2017).Google Scholar
- 11.V. M. Zaletaev, Yu. V. Kapinos, and O. V. Surguchev, Calculation of the Heat Transfer of a Spacecraft [in Russian], Mashinostroeine, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar