Experimental Investigation of the Effect of Pressure on Separation of a Carbon Dioxide-Containing Gaseous Mixture
- 4 Downloads
Experimental investigations have been carried out to estimate the effect of pressure on the intensity of separation of mixture components with enrichment of the resultant mixture in a heavy component for the 0.082CO2 + 0.918N2– N2 system. It is shown that the penetrability of carbon dioxide increases with pressure. For the system considered, the separation coefficient has been determined, and the stability map has been constructed within the linear theory of stability.
Keywordsmulticomponent mixture diffusion of gases two-flask method separation coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. A. Kaminskii and N. Yu. Obvintseva, On regimes of evaporation of binary solutions, Teor. Osn. Khim. Tekhnol., 41, No. 5, 536–542 (2007).Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Kaminskii, N. Yu. Obvintseva, I. S. Kalachinskaya, and V. V. Dil′man, Simulation of Rayleigh convection in a nonstationary process of evaporation, Mat. Modelir., 19, No. 11, 3−10 (2007).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. I. Zhavrin, N. D. Kosov, S. M. Belov, and S. B. Tarasov, Effect of pressure on diffusion stability in some threecomponent gaseous mixtures, Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 54, Issue 5, 943–947 (1984).Google Scholar
- 7.V. N. Kosov and Yu. I. Zhavrin, Diffusion coefficients of some binary and three-component gaseous mixtures containing Freon-12, in: Thermophysical Properties of Substances and Materials [in Russian], Izd. Standartov, Moscow (1989), Issue 28, pp. 112−122.Google Scholar
- 8.V. N. Kosov, D. U. Kul′zhanov, Yu. I. Zhavrin, S. A. Krasikov, and O. V. Fedorenko (Ed. Corr. Member of National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan Prof. V. N. Kosov), Characteristic Features of Separation of Hydrocarbon Isothermal Gaseous Mixtures in Convective Diffusion [in Russian], MV-Print, Almaty (2014).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. I. Zhavrin, V. N. Kosov, and S. A. Krasikov, Investigation of unstable diffusional process in isothermal threecomponent gaseous mixtures under stationary conditions, Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 69, Issue 7, 5–9 (1999).Google Scholar
- 12.M. K. Asembaeva, M. S. Moldabekova, and I. V. Poyarkov, Investigation of unstable diffusional process of a fourcomponent gaseous mixture helium–methane–nitrogen monoxide, Izv. NAN RK, Ser. Fiz.-Mat., No. 6 (268), 16−18 (2009).Google Scholar
- 14.D. A. Frank-Kamenetskii, Diffusion and Heat Transfer in Chemical Kinetics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 15.R. Bird, W. Stewart, and E. Lightfoot, Transport Phenomena [Russian translation], Khimiya, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 16.O. E. Aleksandrov, Exact solution of the equation of diffusion through a capillary for a three-component mixture, Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 71, No. 11, 21−24 (2001).Google Scholar