On Calculating the Minimum Fluidization Velocity of a Quasi-Bidisperse Granular Bed
- 8 Downloads
Fluidization of two types of a bidisperse bed with marked bimodality of particle size distribution has been investigated experimentally. The possibility of using the mixture equivalent diameter is shown provided the latter is calculated by the weighted-mean diameter of the particles composing this mixture.
Keywordsbidisperse bed pellets quartz sand olivine sand anthracite culm fl uidization domestic garbage polydispersity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Processing Biomass Using Thermochemical Processing and Anaerobic Digestion in Combination, US Patent 0322130 of class A1. Pub. date December 20, 2012.Google Scholar
- 2.Solid Waste Treatment with Conversion to Gas and Anaerobic Digestion, US Patent 0230193of class A1. Pub. date August 11, 2016.Google Scholar
- 3.Syngas Biomethanation Process and Anaerobic Digestion System, US Patent 0166930 of class A1. Pub. date June 15, 2017.Google Scholar
- 7.M. É. Aérov and O. M. Todes, Hydraulic and Thermal Principles of Operation of Stationary- and Granular-Bed Apparatuses [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1968).Google Scholar
- 8.M. K. Karmar, S. Haldar, and P. K. Chatterjee, Fluidization behavior of binary mixtures using sand and biomass, Int. J. Emerg. Technol. Adv. Eng., 2, Issue 11, 651–657 (2012).Google Scholar
- 15.S. Ergun, Fluid fl ow through packed columns, Chem. Eng. Prog., 48, 89–94 (1952).Google Scholar
- 16.M. É. Aérov, O. M. Todes, and D. A. Narinskii, Apparatuses with a Stationary Granular Bed [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1979).Google Scholar