Optimality of Broken Extremals
- 71 Downloads
In this paper, we analyse the optimality of broken Pontryagin extremal for an n-dimensional affine control system with a control parameter, taking values in a k-dimensional closed ball. We prove the optimality of broken normal extremals in many cases that include (but not are exhausted by) the cases of the involutive driftless part of the system for any n > k and of the contact driftless part for n = 3 and k = 2.
KeywordsOptimal control Lie brackets Switching
The work of A.A. Agrachev was supported by the Russian Science Foundation under grant No 17-11-01387.
- 1.Agrachev A. Some open problems arXiv:13042590. 2013.
- 2.Agrachev A, Barilari D, Boscain U. Introduction to Riemannian and Sub-Riemannian geometry, Book in preparation, p. 457 https://webusers.imj-prg.fr/~davide.barilari/Notes.php.
- 3.Agrachev A, Biolo C. 2016. Switching in time-optimal problem: the 3-D case with 2-D control, J Dyn Control Syst. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10883-016-9342-7.
- 4.Agrachev AA, Biolo C. 2016. Switching in time-optimal problem with control in a ball, to appear in SIAM J Control Optim arXiv:1610.06755.
- 5.Agrachev A, Sachkov Yu L. 2004. Control theory from the geometric viewpoint. Springer.Google Scholar
- 7.Biolo C. Switching in time-optimal problem, PhD thesis at SISSA under the supervision of A. Agrachev, academic year 2016-2017.Google Scholar
- 12.Kupka I. The ubiquity of Fuller’s phenomenon. Nonlinear controllability and optimal control. Marcel Dekker. In: Sussmann H, editors; 1990.Google Scholar
- 14.Pontryagin LS, Boltyanskij VG, Gamkrelidze RV, Miskchenko EF. The mathematica theory of optimal processes. Oxford: Pergamon Press; 1964.Google Scholar
- 15.Schättler H. Regularity properties of optimal trajectories: Recently developed techniques Sussmann H, editor.Google Scholar
- 17.Shoshitaishvili AN. 1975. Bifurcations of the topological type of a vector field near a singular point. Trudy Seminarov I.G.Petrovskogo 1, pp. 279–309 (in Russian). English translation in American Math. Soc. Translations 118(2) (1982).Google Scholar
- 20.Sussmann H. Time-optimal control in the plane. Feedback control of linear and nonlinear systems, Lecture notes in control and information scienced. Berlin: Springer; 1985. p. 244–60.Google Scholar
- 21.Sussmann H. Envelopes, conjugate points and optimal bang-bang extremals. In: Fliess M and Hazewinkel M, editors. Proceedings of the 1985 Paris Conference on Nonlinear Systems. Dordrecht: D. Reidel; 1986.Google Scholar
- 22.Sussmann HJ. The Markov-Dubins problem with angular acceleration control. Proceedings of the 36th Conference on Decision and Control, San Diego; 1997.Google Scholar
- 23.Zelikin MI, Borisov VF. Theory of chattering control with applications to astronautics, robotics, economics and engineering. Systems and control Foundations and applications. Boston: Birkhäuser; 1994.Google Scholar