Approximate Controllability for Navier–Stokes Equations in 3D Rectangles Under Lions Boundary Conditions
- 89 Downloads
The 3D Navier–Stokes system, under Lions boundary conditions, is proven to be approximately controllable provided a suitable saturating set does exist. An explicit saturating set for 3D rectangles is given.
KeywordsNavier–Stokes equations Approximate controllability Saturating set
Mathematics Subject Classification (2010)93B05 35Q30 93C20
The authors acknowledge partial support from the Austrian Science Fund (FWF): P 26034-N25. D. Phan also acknowledges partial support from the foundation of Tampere University of Technology, and thanks RICAM-ÖAW, Linz, where most of the work has been done, for the provided support and hospitality. The authors are also grateful to the anonymous referee for their constructive comments and suggestions, which have helped the authors to improve the exposition and the presentation of the results in the paper.
- 1.Agrachev AA. Some open problems. arXiv:1304.2590v2 [math.OC]. 2013.
- 2.Agrachev AA, Kuksin S, Sarychev AV, Shirikyan A. On finite-dimensional projections of distributions for solutions of randomly forced 2D Navier–Stokes equations. Ann Inst H Poincaré, Probab Statist 2007;43(4):399–415. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anihpb.2006.06.001.MathSciNetCrossRefzbMATHGoogle Scholar
- 5.Agrachev AA, Sarychev AV. Solid controllability in fluid dynamics. Instability in Models Connected with Fluid Flow I of International Mathematical Series volume 6 (ch. 1), pp. 1–35. Berlin: Springer; 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-75217-4_1.
- 6.Aris R. Vectors, Tensors, and the Basic Equations of Fluid Mechanics. New York: Dover; 1989. Reprint of the Prentice-Hall 1962 edition http://store.doverpublications.com/0486661105.html.zbMATHGoogle Scholar
- 8.Diaz JI. 1996. Obstruction and some approximate controllability results for the Burgers equation and related problems. 174:63–76.Google Scholar
- 14.Kuksin S, Nersesyan V, Shirikyan A. 2018. Exponential mixing for a class of dissipative PDEs with bounded degenerate noise arXiv:1802.03250v2 [math.AP].
- 19.Phan D. Stabilization to Trajectories and Approximate Controllability for the Equations of Fluid Mechanics PhD Thesis. Austria: J. Kepler Universität Linz; 2016. http://epub.jku.at/obvulihs/content/titleinfo/1592928.Google Scholar
- 20.Phan D, Rodrigues SS. 2015. Approximate controllability for equations of fluid mechanics with a few body controls. In: Proceedings of the European Control Conference (ECC), Linz, Austria, pp 2682–2687. https://doi.org/10.1109/ECC.2015.7330943.
- 22.Rodrigues SS. 2005. Controllability issues for the Navier–Stokes equation on a Rectangle. In: Proceedings 44th IEEE CDC-ECC’05, Seville, Spain, pp 2083–2085. https://doi.org/10.1109/CDC.2005.1582468.
- 24.Rodrigues SS. 2007. Controllability of nonlinear pdes on compact Riemannian manifolds. In: Proceedings WMCTF’07; Lisbon, Portugal, pp 462–493. http://people.ricam.oeaw.ac.at/s.rodrigues/.
- 26.Romito M. Ergodicity of the finite dimensional approximation of the 3D Navier–Stokes equations forced by a degenerate noise. J Stat Phys 2004;114(1/2): 155–177. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:JOSS.0000003108.92097.5c.MathSciNetCrossRefzbMATHGoogle Scholar