Commercial Yeast Extracts Mediated Green Synthesis of Silver Chloride Nanoparticles and their Anti-mycobacterial Activity
- 14 Downloads
Green synthesis of silver chloride nanoparticles (AgCl NPs) using commercial yeast extract has been carried out. The physico–chemical characterizations of AgCl NPs were carried out by UV–visible spectroscopy, XRD, FTIR, HR-SEM equipped with EDAX and TEM. In vitro efficacy of anti-mycobacterial properties of AgCl NPs were determined by agar well diffusion and Luciferase Reporter Phage (LRP) assay were used against Mycobacteriumsmegmatis (MC2155) and Mycobacteriumtuberculosis H37Rv respectively. This shows that the AgCl NPs have potential anti-myobacterial activity against Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv.
KeywordsYeast extract AgCl nanoparticles LRP Anti-mycobacterial activity
We thank the management of Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai for its strong support in research activities.
- 2.WHO, Global tuberculosis report (2018), https://www.who.int/tb/publications/global_report/en/
- 6.W.H. De Jong, R.E. Geertsma and B. Roszek, Nanotechnology in medical applications. Possible risks for human health, Report 265001002/2005, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- 7.European Technology Platform on Nanomedicine, Vision paper and basis for a strategic research agenda for nanomedicine. (European Commission, Luxembourg, 2005). ISBN 92-894-6599-5Google Scholar
- 9.J.W. Richard, B.A. Spencer, L.F. McCoy, E. Carina, J. Washington, P. Edgar (2002). J. Burns Surg. Wound Care 1, 11.Google Scholar
- 13.V. Gopinath, S. Priyadarshini, N. Meera Priyadharsshini, K. Pandian, P. Velusamy (2013). Mater. Lett. 91, 227.Google Scholar
- 18.R.K. Jivan, M.M. Ramjan, S.K. Ambadas, M.S. Bhimrao (2014). J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. Res. 4, 14.Google Scholar
- 22.N.P. Bheemanagouda, T.C. Taranath (2016). Int. J. Pharm. Bio. Sci. 7, 89.Google Scholar
- 23.Papitha N,Jayshree N, PrabuSeenivasan S,Kumar V (2013). Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res. 20, 135.Google Scholar
- 24.National Workshop on LRP 2011 Department of Bacteriology, National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis (NIRT) Chennai IndiaGoogle Scholar