A Green Systematic Approach of Carbon/CuO Nano Composites Using Aristolochia bracteolate by Response Surface Methodology
- 15 Downloads
The objective of this work is eco-friendly synthesis of Carbon/Copper oxide nano composites (C/CuO nano composites) from the aqueous extract of Aristolochia bracteolata (ABLPAE) via response surface methodology (RSM). Here we optimized various parameters to find out the absorption maximum value using RSM technique. Then the synthesized C/CuO nano composites were processed using different analytical tools. The crystanality of C/CuO was investigated using XRD analysis which exhibited crystalline size of 43 ± 2 nm. Additionally, synthesized C/CuO nano composites were used to study larvicidal activity using MANOVA; LSD-DMRT test. We found that results showed LC50 value at 26.42 ppm and 86.13 ppm for LC90. Ovicidal activity by anti-feedant method resulted in a dose dependent manner with a high mortality rate at higher concentrations.
KeywordsAristolochia bracteolata C/CuO nano composites RSM technique Larvicidal Ovicidal activity
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of interest
Authors stated that there is no conflict of interest regarding this publication in your reputed journal.
- 2.P. Thiyagarajan, P. Kumar, K. Kovendan, and K. Murugan (2014). Acta Biologica Indica 3, 527–535.Google Scholar
- 3.G. Benelli, A. Caselli, and A. Canale (2017). JKSUS 29, 424–435.Google Scholar
- 7.I. Mahapatra, J. Clark, P. J. Dobson, R. Owen, and J. R. Lead (2013). Environ. Sci.: Processes Impacts 15, 123–144.Google Scholar
- 9.S. A. Khan, S. Shahid, S. Jabin, S. Zaman, and M. N. Sarwar (2018). Dig. J. Nanomater. Biostruct. 13, 285–297.Google Scholar
- 19.A. S. Lanje, S. J. Sharma, R. B. Pode, and R. S. Ningthoujam (2010). Adv. Appl. Sci. Res. 1, 36–40.Google Scholar
- 20.B. Kalpana, S. Kanimozhi, and P. Suganyadevi (2011). J. Pharm. Res. 4, 1509–1514.Google Scholar
- 21.D. Kavitha and R. Nirmaladevi (2009). Afr. J. Biotech. 8, 4242–4244.Google Scholar
- 22.H. R. Chitme, M. Malipatil, V. M. Chandrashekhar, and P. M. Prashant (2010). Ind. J. Exp. Biol. 48, 46–52.Google Scholar