Luminescence properties of double perovskite Gd2MgTiO6:Tb3+ phosphors by solid-state reaction method
- 4 Downloads
A series of double perovskite (Gd1−xTbx)2MgTiO6 (x = 0.01, 0.05, 0.1, 0.15, 0.2, 0.3 and 0.4) phosphors were successfully synthesized by solid-state reaction method. The A-site in the host is occupied by two Gd3+ ions, which facilitates the doping of Tb3+ ions. The crystal structure, morphology and luminescence performance were evaluated by X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, transmission electron microscopy, photoluminescence and calculation of CIE color coordinates. A weak emission peak (5D4–7F6, 490 nm) and a strong emission peak (5D4–7F5, 545 nm) existed in the emission spectra under 313 nm excitation. The quenching concentration of Tb3+ reached up to 20.0 mol% was observed in Gd1.8Tb0.2MgTiO6 phosphors. In order to explore the potential application of Gd2−2xMgTiO6:xTb3+ phosphors in white LED solid-state lighting, the fluorescence decay curves and thermal stability were carried out.
The authors acknowledge the generous financial support from National Pre-research Foundation of China (6140208010201 and 61402080104), the Priority Academic Program Development of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions (PAPD), Research and Innovation Program for College Graduates of Jiangsu Province (KYCX17_0970) and the Top-notch Academic Programs Project of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions (TAPP, PPZY2015B128).
- 1.F. Xue, Y. Hu, C. Li et al., Photoluminescence and long persistent luminescence properties of a novel green emitting phosphor Ca3TaAl3Si2O14:Tb3+. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27(8), 8486–8492 (2016)Google Scholar
- 13.Q. Liu, L.X. Wang, L. Zhang et al., Enhanced luminescence and structure evolution of double perovskite (K, Na)LaMgWO6:Eu3+ phosphor for white LEDs. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 26(10), 8083–8088 (2015)Google Scholar
- 21.M. Zhao, Z. Xia, X. Huang et al., Li substituent tuning of LED phosphors with enhanced efficiency, tunable photoluminescence, and improved thermal stability. Sci. Adv. 5(1), 0363 (2019)Google Scholar
- 33.M. Kim, J. Moon, H. Choi et al., Investigation of the magnetic properties in double perovskite R2CoMnO6 single crystals (R = rare earth: La to Lu). J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 27(42), 426002 (2015)Google Scholar
- 40.H.F. Yang, Y.H. Tang, X.Y. Sun, Q. Liu, X.G. Huang, L.X. Wang, Z.X. Fu, Q.T. Zhang, S.W. Or, Biomass-derived porous carbon materials with NiS nanoparticles for high performance supercapacitors. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 14874–14883 (2017)Google Scholar
- 42.H. Yang, Y. Tang, X. Huang, L. Wang, Q. Zhang, Activated porous carbon derived from walnut shells with promising material properties for supercapacitors. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 18637–18645 (2017)Google Scholar