A high-performance room temperature methanol gas sensor based on alpha-iron oxide/polyaniline/PbS quantum dots nanofilm
- 5 Downloads
A high-performance room temperature methanol gas sensor based on alpha-iron oxide/polyaniline/lead sulfide quantum dots (α-Fe2O3/PANI/PbS QDs) nanofilm was demonstrated in this paper, among which the α-Fe2O3 was an urchin-shaped hollow microsphere. The sensing film was fabricated on an epoxy substrate with interdigital electrodes via successive ionic layer adsorption and reaction technique. The prepared α-Fe2O3/PANI/PbS QDs nanocomposite was examined by X-ray diffraction, transmission electron microscopy, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, scanning election microscopy and Fourier transform infrared spectrum. The methanol sensing performances of the α-Fe2O3/PANI/PbS QDs film sensor were investigated against methanol from 10 to 100 ppm at room temperature. The experimental results indicated that the methanol sensor in this work had an excellent response, outstanding selectivity and good repeatability at room temperature. The underlying sensing mechanism of the α-Fe2O3/PANI/PbS QDs film toward methanol was ascribed to a series of interactions and changes on the surface of thin films, which make their resistance change greatly. Larger surface area and much more active adsorption sites also played an important role.
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51777215), the Key Research & Development Plan Project of Shandong Province (2018GSF117002), the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China (18CX07010A), the Key Laboratory of Engineering Dielectrics and Its Application (Harbin University of Science and Technology), Ministry of Education (KFZ1801), and the Open Fund of Key Laboratory of Marine Spill Oil Identification and Damage Assessment Technology, State Oceanic Administration of China (201801).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 33.H. Wang, S. Wei, F. Zhang, Y. Li, X. Guo, L. Song, Sea urchin-like SnO2/Fe2O3, microspheres for an ethanol gas sensor with high sensitivity and fast response/recovery. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 9969–9973 (2017)Google Scholar
- 35.H.L. Xing, Z.Y. Shen, L. Wang, Y.T. Zhu, X.L. Ji, Synthesis α-Fe2O3/SnO2@PANI ternary composites for X-band electromagnetic wave absorption. J. Mater. Sci. 28, 8329–8338 (2017)Google Scholar
- 36.D.Z. Zhang, G.K. Dong, Y.H. Cao, Y. Zhang, Ethanol gas sensing properties of lead sulfide quantum dots-decorated zinc oxide nanorods prepared by hydrothermal process combining with successive ionic-layer adsorption and reaction method. J. Colloid Interface Sci. 528, 184–191 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 46.Q. Gao, W.T. Zheng, C. Di We, H.M. Lin, Methanol-sensing property improvement of mesostructured zinc oxide prepared by the nanocasting strategy. J. Nanomater. 2013, 263852 (2013)Google Scholar
- 50.P. Paulraj, P. Shankar, G.K. Mani, L. Nallathambi, J.B.B. Rayappan, Fabrication of PANI–ZnO nanocomposite thin film for room temperature methanol sensor. J. Mater. Sci. 28, 10799–10805 (2017)Google Scholar