Fabrication of Cr doped Na0.67Fe0.5Mn0.5O2 compounds and investigation of their structural, electrical, magnetic and electrochemical properties
- 39 Downloads
The main purpose of the study is to investigate the battery properties behind the electrical and magnetic properties. The first part of the study is about the fabrication of Cr-doped Na0.67Fe0.5Mn0.5O2 and the structural properties of the powders, which were investigated by XRD, EXAFS, FTIR and Raman Spectroscopy. Temperature-dependent resistivity measurements showed that room temperature resistivity values increased with Cr-ion content and all samples show an exponential decrease with increasing temperature. The magnetic properties of the Cr-doped samples were investigated, and it was found that the Cr ions strongly affected the magnetic structure of the samples. The second part of the study is about battery performance using the samples as cathode materials. Hence, CR2032 coin cells were fabricated by using the Cr-doped samples and the CV measurements showed that a high level doping of Cr ions in the structure prevented Na diffusion in the cells. The obtained CV graphs were discussed from the viewpoint of lattice dynamics. The EIS and cycling properties showed that Cr-ions in Na0.67Fe0.5Mn0.5O2 decrease of the capacity fade of the cells.
This study was supported by IUBAP (Inonu University Scientific Research council)-FBA-2018-1212. The authors would like to thank Dr. E. Oz for valuable contrubitions for XANES measurements and data processing in the study.
- 4.B. Guo, W. Diao, T. Yuan, Y. Liu, Q. Yui, G. Li, J. Yang, Enhanced electrochemical performance of Na3V2(PO4)2F3 for Na-ion batteries with nanostructure and carbon coating. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29, 16325–16329 (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.R. Rajagopalan, B. Chen, Z. Zhang, X.L. Wu, Y. Du, Y. Huang, B. Li, Y. Zong, J. Wang, G.H. Nam, M. Sindoro, S.X. Dou, H.K. Liu, H. Zhang, Improved reversibility of Fe3+/Fe4+ redox couple in sodium super ion conductor type Na3Fe2 (PO4)3 for sodium-ion batteries. Adv. Mater. 29(12), 1605694 (2017)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.B. Nigam, S. Mittal, A. Prakash, S. Satsangi, P.K. Mahto, B.P. Swain, Synthesis and characterization of Fe3O4 nanoparticles for nanofluid applications-a review. Mater. Sci. Eng. 377, 012187 (2018)Google Scholar
- 14.I. Habib, A. Sajawal, G. Murtaza, M. Ishfaq, N. Muhammad, G. Farid, S. Sharif, M.N. Akhtar, S. Salim, Effect of co-doping of Fe and Gd55 on the structural, morphological and dielectric properties of LaMnO3 nanocrystallites using Sol-Gel technique. Mater. Res. Express. 5, 075018 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 19.C. Genovese, M.E. Schuster, E.K. Gibson, D. Gianolio, V. Posligua, R. Grau-Crespo, G. Cibin, P.P. Wells, D. Garai, V. Solokha, S.K. Calderon, J.J. Velasco-Velez, C. Ampelli, S. Perathoner, G. Held, G. Centi, R. Arrigo, Operando spectroscopy study of the carbon dioxide electro-reduction by iron species on nitrogen-doped carbon. Nat. Commun. 9, 935 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar