Influences of doping Ti nanoparticles on microstructure and properties of Sn58Bi solder
- 39 Downloads
In this paper, the influences of adding Titanium (Ti) nanoparticles on melting characteristics, wettability, shear properties and the growth of interfacial intermetallic compounds (IMC) of Sn58Bi solder were investigated. The results show that the addition of Ti nanoparticles improved the wettability and shear strength of Sn58Bi solder, and the optimum additive content was 0.1 wt%. The microstructure of the Sn58Bi solder was refined obviously with the addition of Ti nanoparticles. The thickness of interfacial IMC reduced significantly by adding Ti nanoparticles. However, doping Ti nanoparticles had the slight effect on the melting temperature of Sn58Bi solder. Moreover, the thickness of IMC at the Sn58Bi/Cu interface was distinctly larger than that of Sn58Bi-0.1Ti/Cu solder after multiple reflows, which means that the addition of Ti nanoparticles could suppress the growth of IMC at solder/Cu interface during multiple reflows.
The present work was supported by the National Key R&D Program of China (2017YFB0305700); Natural Science Foundation of China (51475220); Key project of State Key Laboratory of Advanced Welding and Joining (AWJ-19Z04); Six talent peaks project in Jiangsu Province (XCL-022); the Qing Lan Project, the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation funded project (2016M591464); International Cooperation Project (2015DFA50470).
- 1.Z.Q. Liu, M.Y. Li, Foundation of Lead-Free Soldering Technology (Science Press, Beijing, 2017)Google Scholar
- 4.L. Zhang, L. Sun, Y.H. Guo, Microstructures and properties of Sn58Bi, Sn35Bi0.3Ag, Sn35Bi1.0Ag solder and solder joints. J. Mater. Sci. 26(10), 7629–7634 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.L. Yang, C.C. Du, J. Dai et al., Effect of nanosized graphite on properties of Sn-Bi solder. J. Mater. Sci. 24(11), 4180–4185 (2013)Google Scholar
- 16.C. Wang, M. Li, Y. Tian, Review of JIS Z 3198: test method for lead-free solders. Electron. Process Technol. 25, 47–54 (2004)Google Scholar
- 17.L. Sun, M.H. Chen, C.C. Wei et al., Effect of thermal cycles on interface and mechanical property of low-Ag Sn1.0Ag0.5Cu(nano-Al)/Cu solder joints. J. Mater. Sci. 29(12), 9757–9763 (2018)Google Scholar
- 18.L. Sun, M.H. Chen, L.S. Xie et al., Properties and mechanism of nano Al particles reinforced Sn1.0Ag0.5Cu solders. Trans. China Weld. Inst. 39(8), 47–50 (2018)Google Scholar