Enhanced mechanical and electrical insulating properties of (poly(para-phenylene terephthamide)) PPTA-based specialty paper with nanoscale PPTA fibers
- 9 Downloads
Poly (para-phenylene terephthamide) PPTA-based specialty paper suffers from limited mechanical and electrical insulation properties due to weak interfacial interactions between chemically inert PPTA microfibers. Herein, in order to activate the fiber surface, PPTA nanofibers were prepared through DMSO/KOH deprotonation process. Whereafter, a composite paper with reinforced concrete structure was constructed by combining PPTA microfibers and PPTA nanofibers through vacuum-assisted filtration process. The results show that the composite paper has a high mechanical strength of ~ 84.8 MPa, high Young’s modulus of ∼ 2.4 GPa, and elongation at break of ∼ 7%. Meanwhile, the Weibull distribution model predicts the dielectric breakdown strength of composite paper as high as 74.4 kV/mm. In addition, the composite paper also exhibited high-temperature resistance and UV resistance, indicating great advantages for operating under high temperature and electrical insulation conditions.
The authors would like to acknowledge the financial support from the National Key Research and Development Plan (Grant No. 2017YFB0308300), Key Scientific Research Group of Shaanxi Province (Grant No. 2017-KCT-02), Shaanxi Overall Planning Innovative Engineering Project of Science and Technology (Grant No. 2016KTCQ01-87), Key Laboratory Research Project of Shaanxi Education Department (Project No. 18JS011).
- 6.H. Liu, H. Jiang, F. Du, D. Zhang, Z. Li, H. Zhou, Chem. Eng. 5, 10538–10543 (2017)Google Scholar
- 19.J. Song, M. Wen, L. Li, A. Isenberg, IEEE International Conference on Dielectrics. IEEE 2016Google Scholar
- 20.M. Wen, J. Song, Y. Song, Y. Liu, C. Li, P. Wang, I.E.E.E.T. Dielect, El. In. 20, 1998–2008 (2013)Google Scholar
- 50.www.dupont.com/content/dam/assets/products-and-services/electronic-electrical-. materials/assets/DPT16_21668_Nomex_410_Tech_Data_Sheet_me03_REFERENCE.pdf
- 54.B. Yang, M. Zhang, Z. Lu, J. Luo, S. Song, Q. Zhang, A.C.S. Sustain, Chem. Eng. 6, 8954–8963 (2018)Google Scholar