Influence of l-serine on microstructural, spectroscopic, electrical and nonlinear optical performance of ammonium dihydrogen phosphate single crystal
- 4 Downloads
To doubling the frequency of Nd: YAG and Nd: YLF laser sources the ammonium dihydrogen phosphate (ADP) single crystal is widely used. In the present communication, the effect of amino acid namely as l-serine on the growth and properties of ADP crystal is been reported. The slow solvent evaporation technique is adopted to grow pure and different weight percentage i.e. 0.4 wt%, 0.6 wt% and 0.8 wt% l-serine doped ADP crystals. The structural study suggested tetragonal structure symmetry of all grown crystal with single phasic nature of all of them. The amino acid dopant alters the functional group vibrations of ADP crystal as suggested in FT-IR spectroscopy. The change in morphology and presence of various elements is observed in SEM and EDAX spectroscopy. The improvement is observed in various optical properties like energy band gap, skin depth, SHG, third order nonlinear susceptibility, laser damage threshold etc. on doping the l-serine in ADP crystal. The spectra variation of refractive index of all grown crystals is studied. The pure and l-serine doped ADP crystals have posses negative kind of photoconductivity.
The authors are thankful to UGC, New Delhi, for funding under DRS-SAP and DST, New Delhi, for FIST. The authors also acknowledge the encouragement and keen interest of Prof. H.H.Joshi, Head, Department of Physics, Saurashtra University, Rajkot. One of author (JHJ) is highly thankful to Mr. S.G.Khandelwal, Deputy Director, Forensic Science Laboratory, Ahmadabad for allowing him to carry out such research activity.
JHJ: has grown the single crystals, characterizes them, analysed the data and write the manuscript, communicated papers to the said journal. SK: provided research facility such as Z-scan and Laser Threshold Damage. MJJ: given valuable suggestions, done fruitful discussion and provided constructive comments on said manuscript. KDP: has suggested research topic, supervise the research work and act as a corresponding author jointly with J.H.Joshi.
- 1.D.N. Nikogasyan, Nonlinear Optical Crystals: A Complete Survey (Spinger, Heidelberg, 2005)Google Scholar
- 4.F. Akhtar, J. Podder, Structural, optical, electrical and thermal characterization of pure and l-alanine doped ammonium dihydrogen phosphate crystals. J. Cryst. Proc. Technol. 1, 18–25 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.R.H. Bube, Photoconductivity of Solids (Wiley, New York, 1981)Google Scholar
- 9.V.N. Joshi, Photoconductivity (Marcel Dekker, New York, 1990)Google Scholar
- 11.J.H. Joshi, G.M. Joshi, M.J. Joshi, H.O. Jethva, K.D. Parikh, Complex impedance, FT-Raman and photoluminescence spectroscopic studies of pure and l-phenylalanine doped ammonium dihydrogen phosphate single crystals: the correlation with hydrogen bonding defect. Ionics (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11581-018-2834-6 Google Scholar
- 16.R. Ashok Kumar, R. Ezhil Vizhi, N. Vijayan, G. Bhagavannarayanan, D. Rajan Babu, Growth, crystalline perfection and Z-scan studies of nonlinear optical alpha-lithium iodate single crystal. J. Pure Appl. Ind. Phys. 1(1), 61–67 (2010)Google Scholar
- 17.V. Natarajan, T. Sivanesan, S. Pandi, Third order non-linear optical properties of potassium aluminium sulphate single crystals by Z-scan technique. Ind. J. Sci. Technol. 3, 656–658 (2010)Google Scholar