Synthesis, structure and magnetic properties of CoxFe100–x thin films thermally evaporated onto Si (111) substrate
- 32 Downloads
We synthesized, using physical vapour deposition under vacuum, series of CoxFe100–x alloy thin films onto Si (111) substrate, x ranging from 38 to 65 at.%. The X-ray patterns present almost (110) and (211) textures with a grain size varying with the composition. The atomic force microscopy images show flat surfaces. The lattice constant value decreases rapidly with x. The root mean square roughness increases with x. The easy magnetic axis has been found to lie in the plane of the film. The magnetization curves present rectangular hysteresis loops inferring no in-plane anisotropy.
The authors warmly thank the Director of the URME of Sétif1 University, Prof. Mohamed HAMIDOUCHE and his team, as well as the Director of LCIMN laboratory, Prof. Amor AZIZI and his team, for alloying Mrs. Ahlem MELLOUL to carry out several experiments in their respective laboratories.
- 8.D. Cao, X. Cheng, H. Feng, C. Jin, Z. Zhu, L. Pan, Z. Wang, J. Wang, Q. Liu, Investigation on the structure and dynamic magnetic properties of FeCo films with different thicknesses by vector network analyzer and electron spin resonance spectroscopy. J. Alloys Compd. 688, 917–922 (2016)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.Y. Maeda, S. Yamada, T. Murakami, K. Yamane, K. Hamaya, M. Miyao, High-quality ferromagnetic CoFe/Si contacts for Si spin-transistor applications. ENCON 2010—IEEE Region 10 Conference. pp. 1872–1874. https://doi.org/10.1109/tencon.2010.5686377
- 19.A.S. Andreev, D.V. Krasnikov, V.I. Zaikovskii, S.V. Cherepanova, M.A. Kazakova, O.B. Lapina, V.L. Kuznetsov, J.-B.D.E. de Lacaillerie, Internal field 59Co NMR study of cobalt-iron nanoparticles during the activation of CoFe2/CaO catalyst for carbon nanotube synthesis. J. Catal. 358, 62–70 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 22.I. Baker, Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College, NH, USA, ICDD Grant-in-Aid, (1997). Reference code: 00-049-1567Google Scholar
- 23.P. Baylis, University of Calgaray, Alberta, Canada, ICDD Grant-in-Aid (1990). File: 00-044-1433Google Scholar
- 26.J.P. Eberhart, Analyse Structurale et Chimiques des Matériaux. Dunod (Paris), 1989Google Scholar
- 27.R.M. Bozorth, Ferromagnetism. D.VAN NOSTRAND CONPANY, INC (1951)Google Scholar