Synthesis of silver nanowires with controlled diameter and their conductive thin films
- 47 Downloads
Silver nanowires (AgNWs) with high uniformity and controlled morphology were synthesized by employing silver nitrate as precursor and ethylene glycol as reducing agent and solvent. Polyvinyl pyrrolidone (PVP) was used as growth controlling agent and the synthetic process was carried out in salt free environment. The effect of reaction parameters like concentration of AgNO3 and the reaction temperature on the final morphology of AgNWs was studied. AgNWs obtained by changing different conditions were characterized by scanning electron microscope (SEM), transmission electron microscope (TEM), high resolution transmission electron microscope (HRTEM), selected area electron diffraction pattern (SAED), X-ray diffraction (XRD) and UV–Vis spectroscopy. Synthesized AgNWs were coated on polyethylene terephthalate substrate by spin coating method to make thin conductive flexible film. The silver nanowires film was found to have a sheet resistance of 6.82 Ω/sq.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
We declare that we have no financial and personal relationships with other people or organizations that can inappropriately influence our work.
- 2.S. Wang, Y.H. Tian, S. Ding, C.Q. Wang, The role of chloride ions in rapid synthesis of ultra-long silver nanowires for flexible electrodes. Mater. Res. Express 3(7), 1–9 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.D.D. Li, W.Y. Lai, Y.Z. Zhang, W. Huang, Printable transparent conductive films for flexible electronics. Adv. Mater. 30(10), 1–24 (2018)Google Scholar
- 5.L.L. Meng, R.X. Bian, C. Guo, B.J. Xu, H. Liu, L. Jiang, Aligning Ag nanowires by a facile bioinspired directional liquid transfer: toward anisotropic flexible conductive electrodes. Adv. Mater. 30(25), 1–9 (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.Y.J. Jo, C. Kim, J.H. Lee, M.S. Ko, A. Jo, J.Y. Kim, W.G. Jung, N. Lee, Y.H. Kim, J. Kim, M.J. Lee, Development of patterned 1D metal nanowires with adhesion layer for mesh electrodes of flexible transparent conductive films for touch screen panels. J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 16(11), 11586–11590 (2016)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.F. Fievet, Homogeneous and heterogeneous nucleations in the polyol process for the preparation of micron and submicron size metal particles. Solid State Ion. 36(1–2), 133 (1989)Google Scholar
- 39.C.T. Pan, T.L. Yang, K.H. Hung, S.P. Ju, A parametric study on synthesis of Ag nanowires with high aspect ratio. J. Mater. Sci. 28(17), 12415–12424 (2017)Google Scholar
- 50.Y. Gao, P. Jiang, D.F. Liu, H.J. Yuan, X.Q. Yan, Z.P. Zhou, J.X. Wang, L. Song, L.F. Liu, W.Y. Zhou, G. Wang, C.Y. Wang, S.S. Xie, J.M. Zhang, A.Y. Shen, Evidence for the monolayer assembly of poly(vinylpyrrolidone) on the surfaces of silver nanowires. J. Phys. Chem. B 108(34), 12877–12881 (2004)CrossRefGoogle Scholar