Tunable luminescence and energy transfer properties based on La2O3-P2O5:Dy3+/Tm3+ glasses
The white-LED material Dy3+/Tm3+ co-doped phosphate glass was prepared by a conventional melting method. The energy transfer in the two rare earth ions was supposed by changing the concentration of one doping ion and was further demonstrated by the fluorescence lifetime. The energy level transition mechanism between the rare earth ions was analyzed using the Inokuti–Hirayama theory. There were two kinds of energy transfer mechanisms from the dipole–quadrupole interaction (Dy3+ → Tm3+) and the quadrupole–quadrupole interaction (Tm3+→Dy3+). The luminescence color was tuned from a blue to a near standard white light emission using 350 nm excitation and adjusting the rare earth ion doping ratio. The results show that 15La2O3-85P2O5:xDy2O3-yTm2O3 glass is a promising UV-excited white photodiode material.
This work was supported by the Science-Technology Creative Foundation for Young Scientists of Harbin City (No. 2015RAQXJ055), partially supported by China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (Grant No. 2013M531013), by the Foundation of Guilin University of Electronic Technology (No. HKY19002), and by the 111 Project (B13015) to the Harbin Engineering University.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflicts of interest
The authors declare that they have no known competing financial interests or personal relationships that could have appeared to influence the work reported in this paper.
- 2.Pan Z, Yuan H, Dai X, Cai H, Serres JM, Mateos X, Aguiló M, Díaz F, Wang Y, Zhao Y, Loiko P, Griebner U, Petrov V (2018) Growth, characterization and laser operation of Tm3+, Na+codoped CNGG (Tm: CNNGG) disordered garnet, In: Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics/Pacific Rim, Hong Kong, China, 2018, pp. W4A.2. https://doi.org/10.1364/CLEOPR.2018.W4A.2
- 5.S. Wang, Y.X. Zhou, S.X. Dai, X.S. Wang, X. Shen, F.F. Chen, Influence of high phonon energy oxide on spectroscopic properties of Er3+/Ce3+co-doped tellurite glasses. Wuji Cailiao Xuebao 27(8), 865–870 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Y. Chen, M. Zheng, Y. Xiao, H. Dong, H. Zhang, J. Zhuang, H. Hu, B. Lei, Y. Liu, A self-quenching-resistant carbon-dot powder with tunable solid-state fluorescence and construction of dual-fluorescence morphologies for white light-emission. Adv. Mater. 28(2), 312–318 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.201503380 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 20.X. Gao, T. Li, J. He, K. Ye, X. Song, N. Wang, J. Su, C. Hui, X. Zhang, Synthesis of Yb3+, Ho3+ and Tm3+ co-doped β-NaYF4 nanoparticles by sol-gel method and the multi-color upconversion luminescence properties. J. Mater. Sci. 28, 11644–11653 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10854-017-6967-6 Google Scholar
- 27.J.M. Cole, E.R. van Eck, G. Mountjoy, R.J. Newport, T. Brennan, G.A. Saunders, A neutron diffraction and 27Al MQMAS NMR study of rare-earth phosphate glasses,(R2O3)x(P2O5)1−x, x = 0.187–0.263, R = Ce, Nd, Tb containing Al impurities. J. Phys 11(47), 9165 (1999)Google Scholar