Structural properties and electrochemical performance V-doping Li2Ti3O7 and Li4Ti5O12 anode materials
- 28 Downloads
Li2Ti3−xVxO7 and Li4Ti5−xVxO12 (x = 0–0.1) are successfully fabricated using the conventional solid-state reaction technique. The battery performance of the cells showed that the highest capacity of Li2Ti3−xVxO7 was obtained for the sample of x = 0.025 which has 153 mAh/g and 123 mAh/g for 1 and 1000, respectively. In addition to this, the best capacity of the cell of Li4Ti4.5V0.5O12 was found as 202 mAh/g for the first cycle and it was decreased to 194 mAh/g for 1000 cycles. To understand the capacity fade mechanism, we performed ex situ structural experiments and it is found that the unit cell of the crystalline phase is directly affected to battery performance. We concluded that in this study the V-substituted samples have a potential for next-generation battery fabrication since it may cause the increase of the stability of the cells.
Dr. S. Demirel was supported by TUBITAK 2214-A International scholarship program for studying in the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Dr. Serkan Demirel wants to thank Prof. Paul V. Braun for using the laboratories. This project was supported by Inonu University Research Council with a contract number of BAP-2015/85.
- 3.Y. Li, X. Hou, Y. Li, Q. Ru, S. Hu, K.-H. Lam, The design and synthesis of polyhedral Ti-doped Co3O4 with enhanced lithium-storage properties for Li-ion batteries. J. Mater. Sci. 27, 11439–11446 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.J.B. Gieu, V. Winkler, C. Courreges, L. El Ouatani, C. Tessier, H. Martinez, New insights into the characterization of the electrode/electrolyte interfaces within LiMn2O4/Li4Ti5O12 cells, by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, scanning Auger microscopy and time-of-flight secondary ion mass spectrometry. J. Mater. Chem. A 5, 15315–15325 (2017)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 19.Z. Wang, G. Xie, L. Gao, Concentration dependence of luminescent properties for Sr2TiO4:Eu3+ red phosphor and its charge compensation. J. Nanomater. 11, 1–7 (2012)Google Scholar
- 22.M.V. Thournout, L. Monconduit, C. Villevieille, J. Olivier-Fourcade, J.-C. Jumas, C. Tessier, High voltage negative active material for a rechargeable lithium battery, US Patent: US8628694 B2, 2014Google Scholar
- 35.R.N. Neelameggham, S. Alam, H. Oosterhof, A. Jha, S. Wang, Rare Metal Technology (Wiley, Canada, 2014)Google Scholar
- 38.T.R. Crompton, Battery Reference Book (Elsevier, Oxford, 1990)Google Scholar