CZTSSe thin films fabricated by single step deposition for superstrate solar cell applications
- 76 Downloads
The focus of this study is the characterization of Cu2ZnSn(S,Se)4 (CZTSSe) thin films and fabrication of CZTSSe solar cell in superstrate configuration. In this work, superstrate-type configuration of glass/ITO/CdS/CZTSSe/Au was entirely fabricated by totally vacuum-based process. CZTSSe absorber layers were grown by RF magnetron sputtering technique using stacked layer procedure. SnS, CuSe and ZnSe solid targets were used as precursors and no additional step like the selenization process was applied. The structural and morphological properties of deposited CZTSSe layers were analyzed using X-ray diffraction (XRD), Raman scattering, scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy analysis (EDS) measurements. The optical and electrical properties of the CZTSSe thin films were investigated by UV–Vis spectroscopy, Hall-Effect and photoconductivity measurements. In addition, the device performance of the fabricated superstrate solar cell was examined.
This work was financed by Middle East Technical University BAP under Grant No. GAP-105-2018-2755.
- 1.M. Berruet, Y. Di Iorio, C.J. Pereyra, R.E. Marotti, M. Vázquez, Phys. Status Solidi. 11(8), 1700144 (2017)Google Scholar
- 22.M. Terlemezoglu, Ö. Bayraklı, H.H. Güllü, T. Çolakoğlu, D.E. Yildiz, M. Parlak, J. Mater. Sci. 29, 5264 (2018)Google Scholar
- 23.Z. Shi, D. Attygalle, A.H. Jayatissa, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 2290 (2017)Google Scholar
- 27.N.F. Mott, E.A. Davis, Electronic Processes in Non-Crystalline Materials (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1979)Google Scholar
- 28.R.H. Bube, Photoelectronic Properties of Semiconductors (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1992)Google Scholar