PEDOT:PSS coated CuO nanowire arrays grown on Cu foam for high-performance supercapacitor electrodes
- 89 Downloads
Supercapacitors based on transition metals oxides (TMOs) have recently attracted immerse attentions in lightweight and durable energy-storage devices. Noted that poor conductivity is a major problem for the TMOs active materials, such as CuO. Herein, vertically-aligned CuO nanowire arrays@poly (3,4 ethylenedioxythiopene)/poly (styrene-4-sulfonate) (CuO NWAs@PEDOT:PSS) were synthesized in situ on Cu foam through a facile wet-chemical approach combined with immersion method. The PEDOT:PSS layer provides the electron transport paths to maximize the charge storage (the capacitance) and contributes to the additional pseudocapacitance, as well as alleviates the exfoliation and dissolution of CuO NWAs during the charge storage process. The prepared CuO NWAs@PEDOT:PSS composite electrodes exhibit a higher areal capacitance (907.5 mF/cm2 at 3 mA/cm2), which is about 2.5 times of the pure CuO NWAs electrode, together with a longer cycle life span. The enhanced electrochemical performances originate from the unique structure design of double conductive layer with the top conductive polymer and the bottom metal foam for CuO NWAs active material. This effective approach is of great significance for portable energy-storage devices based on TMO materials.
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (61874166, U1832149), Natural Science Foundation of Gansu province (18JR3RA292), the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (lzujbky-2017-k21).
- 4.Z. Guo, J. Mu, H. Che, G. Wang, A. Liu, X. Zhang, Z. Zhang, Facile preparation of MnO2@C composite nanorods for high-performance supercapacitors. J. Mater. Sci. 27, 13314–13322 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.L. Zhang, L. Liu, Y. Yu, H. Lv, S. Hou, A. Chen, Synthesis of rich fluffy porous carbon spheres by dissolution–reassembly method for supercapacitors. J. Mater. Sci. 30(4), 3316–3324 (2019)Google Scholar
- 12.X. Zhang, J. Zhou, W. Dou, J. Wang, X. Mu, Y. Zhang, A. Abas, Q. Su, W. Lan, E. Xie, C. Zhang, Room-temperature vertically-aligned copper oxide nanoblades synthesized by electrochemical restructuring of copper hydroxide nanorods: an electrode for high energy density hybrid device. J. Power Sources 383, 124–132 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.H. Sheng, X. Zhang, Y. Ma, P. Wang, J. Zhou, Q. Su, W. Lan, E. Xie, C.J. Zhang, Ultrathin, wrinkled, vertically aligned Co(OH)(2) nanosheets/Ag nanowires hybrid network for flexible transparent supercapacitor with high performance. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces. 11, 8992–9001 (2019)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 24.X. Crispin, F.L.E. Jakobsson, A. Crispin, P.C.M. Grim, P. Andersson, A. Volodin, C. van Haesendonck, M. Van der Auweraer, W.R. Salaneck, M. Berggren, The origin of the high conductivity of Poly(3,4-Ethylenedioxythiophene)-Poly(Styrenesulfonate) (PEDOT- PSS) plastic electrodes. Chem. Mater. 18, 4354–4360 (2006)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 38.S.K.M. Jonsson, J. Birgerson, X. Crispin, G. Greczynski, W. Osikowicz, A.W.D. van der Gon, W.R. Salaneck, M. Fahlman, The effects of solvents on the morphology and sheet resistance in Poly (3,4-Ethylenedioxythiophene)-Polystyrenesulfonic acid (PEDOT-PSS) films. Synth. Met. 139, 1–10 (2003)CrossRefGoogle Scholar