Surface morphology, electrochemical and electrical performances of ZnO thin films sensitized with Ag nanoparticles by UV irradiation
- 38 Downloads
Pure zinc oxide and Ag/ZnO thin films were prepared via two step method. The crystal structure, topography, chemical composition and optical properties were characterized by X-ray diffraction (XRD), field-emission scanning electron microscopy (FE-SEM), X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), ultraviolet–visible (UV–Vis) spectrophotometer and laser micro-Raman spectrometer. XRD, FE-SEM and XPS results indicated that Ag nanoparticles were successfully deposited on the zinc oxide nanorods. Ag nanoparticles on the zinc oxide nanorods would extend the photoabsorption region and reduce the electron transition from CB to VB. The photoelectrochemical performances of ZnO thin film could be effectively enhanced by moderate Ag nanoparticles modification. Under sunlight illumination, the photocurrent of the Ag-0.5/ZnO electrode was about three times as large as that of the zinc oxide electrode. The charge transfer process for the Ag/ZnO electrode under sunlight illumination has been discussed. With the increase of Ag content, the resistivity of the sample decreases sharply.
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 51701001, 51102072, 51472003, 51572002), Natural Science Foundation of Anhui Higher Education Institution of China (Nos. KJ2015ZD32, KJ2017A924, KJ2017A002), Doctor Scientific Research Fund of Anhui University (No. J01001927), Youth Core Teacher Fund of Anhui University (No. J01005111) and Foundation of Co-operative Innovation Research Center for Weak Signal-Detecting Materials and Devices Integration Anhui University (Nos. Y01008411, WRXH201703).
- 4.M.H. Huang, S. Mao, H. Feick, H.Q. Yan, Y.Y. Wu, H. Kind, E. Weber, R. Russo, Room-temperature ultraviolet nanowire nanolasers. Cheminform 32, 1897 (2001)Google Scholar
- 13.S. Ruzgar, M. Caglar, The effect of Sn on electrical performance of zinc oxide based thin film transistor. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 30, 485–490 (2019)Google Scholar
- 16.K.S. Ahn, Y. Yan, S. Shet, K. Jones, T. Deutsch, J. Turner, M. Al-Jassim, ZnO nanocoral structures for photoelectrochemical cells. Appl. Phys. Lett. 93, 163117-3 (2008)Google Scholar
- 28.M. Zhao, Y. Cheng, J. Lv, Y. Zhang, W. Zhu, G. He, M. Zhang, X. Chen, Z. Sun, Effect of solution concentration on surface morphology, optical properties and solar light response of ZnO thin films. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 2731–2738 (2016)Google Scholar
- 32.R.S. Dhabbe, A.N. Kadam, M.B. Suwarnkar, M.R. Kokate, K.M. Garadkar, Enhancement in the photocatalytic activity of Ag loaded N-doped TiO2 nanocomposite under sunlight. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 25, 3179–3189 (2014)Google Scholar
- 33.Z. Tan, Z.H. Feng, L.P. Yu, Preparation and characterization of bowl-like porous ZnO film by electrodeposition using two-dimensional photonic crystal template. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 24, 2630–2635 (2013)Google Scholar
- 36.Y. Liang, N. Guo, L. Li, R. Li, G. Ji, S. Gan, Facile synthesis of Ag/ZnO micro-flowers and their improved ultraviolet and visible light photocatalytic activity. Electrochim. Acta 40, 1587–1594 (2016)Google Scholar
- 50.K.M. Kang, Y.J. Choi, H. Kim, H.H. Park, Structural, electrical, and optical properties of photochemical metal-organic-deposited ZnO thin films incorporated with Ag nanoparticles and graphene. Afr. J. Food Sci. 4, 55–59 (2015)Google Scholar
- 52.N. Najafi, S.M. Rozati, Resistivity reduction of nanostructured undoped zinc oxide thin films for Ag/ZnO bilayers using APCVD and sputtering techniques. Mater. Res.-Ibero-Am. J. Mater. 21, e20170933 (2018)Google Scholar