Effects of optical and dielectric properties of l-cysteine doped tris thiourea zinc sulphate single crystals
- 13 Downloads
The nonlinear optical single crystals of pure and l-cysteine amino acid doped Tris Thiourea Zinc Sulphate (TTZS) was synthesized and successfully grown by slow solvent evaporation technique. The present crystal was characterized by various analytical techniques. The lattice parameter values, cell volume and structure of the present crystal were identified by single crystal X-ray diffraction technique. The optical transparency and lower cut-off wavelength has been observed by UV–Vis spectrometer and further optical parameters were calculated. The FTIR analysis reveals the presence of functional groups and the kinds of vibrations. The NLO characteristics and laser damage threshold can be determined using Nd: YAG laser. The NLO efficiency and laser induced damage value of the L-cysteine doped tris thiourea zinc sulphate single crystal was found to be greater than pure TTZS crystal. In PL spectrum, sharp and narrow peaks are identified it denoted that the material having multi emission and it is suitable for applications in the light emitting diodes. The energy corresponding to the particular wavelength is also calculated. Growth nature of the title crystal was observed by etching analysis. The strength of the pure and doped crystals was determined using Vicker’s micro hardness test.
- 6.Y.J. Ding, X. Mu, X. Gu, J Nonlinear Opt. Phys. Mater. 9, 21 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.K.H. Hellwege, A.M. Hellwage, Landolt-Bornstein Group II 14, 584 (1982)Google Scholar
- 15.W.D. Lawson, S. Neilson, Preparation of Single Crysatls, (Buterwords, London, 1958)Google Scholar
- 18.M. Loganayaki, P. Murugakoothan, Asian J. Chem. 23, 5085 (2011)Google Scholar
- 22.M. Lawrence, J. Felicita Vimala, Int. J. Eng. Sci. Innov. Technol. 4(2), 208 (2015)Google Scholar