Determination of optimum Er-doping level to get high transparent and low resistive Cd1 − xErxS thin films
- 3 Downloads
Cd1 − xErxS (x = 0, 0.02, 0.04, 0.06, 0.08 and 0.10) thin films were produced by a chemical route on glass slides. The structural, morphological, optical and electrical properties of the grown samples were studied to obtain the optimum Er-doping level. Structural properties indicated that specimens had a hexagonal structure. Morphological analysis showed that the grain size of pristine CdS thin films remarkably reduced with rising Er-doping. The presence of Er atoms in CdS host structure was proved by energy dispersive of X-ray spectroscopy (EDS). The transparency of CdS thin films substantially improved after 10 at.% Er-doping and a gradual decrease was acquired in the band gaps of the CdS samples with the increase of Er-doping. Photoluminescence data approved the existence of two main peaks corresponding to the green and yellow regions. Electrical properties of pristine CdS thin films were enhanced by Er-doping and the best electrical conclusions were obtained for Cd0.94Er0.06S thin films. Thus, it can be brought to an end that Er-doping enhanced both optical and electrical properties of pristine CdS thin films, which are of vital importance in optoelectronic applications.
All the authors wish to thank Adana Science and Technology University for its financial support to this work by a project Number of 17103029.
- 5.Y.H. Sun, Y.J. Ge, W.W. Li, D.J. Huang, F. Chen, L.Y. Shang, P.X. Yang, J.H. Chu, J. Phys. 276, 012187 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.S. Yılmaz, I. Polat, M. Tomakin, S.B. Töreli, T. Küçükömeroğlu, E. Bacaksız, J. Mater. Sci. 29, 14774 (2018)Google Scholar
- 26.N. Uzar, J. Mater. Sci. 29, 10471 (2018)Google Scholar
- 29.C. Mao, W. Li, F. Wu, Y. Dou, L. Fang, H. Ruan, C. Kong, J. Mater. Sci. 26, 8732 (2015)Google Scholar
- 30.N. Narayanan, N.K. Deepak, J. Mater. Sci. 29, 8774 (2018)Google Scholar
- 35.N.H. Patel, M.P. Deshpande, S.H. Chaki, J. Mater. Sci. 29, 11394 (2018)Google Scholar