The effect of Ce–Co substitution on the structural and the electromagnetic properties of barium hexaferrite
- 8 Downloads
Ce–Co substituted, barium hexaferrite with the chemical composition of Ba0.5Ce0.5Fe11CoO19 was prepared by using the ceramic technique. The structural properties of the Ce–Co substituted, barium hexaferrite was investigated using X-ray diffractometer. The magnetic hysteresis loop of the sample was characterized by vibrating sample magnetometry. In order to identify the surface morphology of the sample, field emission scanning electron microscopy was used. Using the transmission/reflection coaxial line method in the range of 2–18 GHz, the complex permeability and complex permittivity, the reflection loss (RL) properties, absorption loss and shielding effectiveness of the prepared composition were determined. The maximum RL value of − 31.4 dB at 11.4 GHz with a 3 mm thickness sample was obtained and the maximum shielding effectiveness value was observed around 59.2 dB.
The author would like to acknowledge Gebze Technical University for support vector network analyzer. The author would also like to thank TUBITAK UME, Magnetic Lab for providing insfrastracture.
- 3.M. Zenger, Modern ferrite technologies and products. Int. J.Mater. Prod. Technol. 9(4–6), 265 (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.B.V.A. Wickenden, W.G. Howell, in Ferrite quarter-wave type absorber. 1st Conf. Roc. Military Microwaves (1978), pp. 310–317Google Scholar
- 8.G. Albanese, Recent advances in hexagonal ferrites by the use of nuclear spectroscopic methods. J. Phys. Coll. 38, 85–94 (1977)Google Scholar
- 9.G. Umapathy, G. Senguttuvan, L.J. Berchmans et al., Influence of cerium substitution onstructural, magnetic and dielectric properties of nanocrystalline Ni–Zn ferrites synthesized bycombustion method. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 17505–17515 (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.R. Babuta, I. Lazau, C. Pacurariu, R.I. Lazau, Barium hexaferrite synthesis via the citrate method. Chem. Bull. 59(73), 2 (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.M.M. Syazwan, M. Hashim, R.S. Azis, I. Ismail, S. Kanagesan, A.N. Hapishah, Enhancing absorption properties of Mg–Ti substituted barium hexaferrite nanocomposite through the addition of MWCNT. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 8429–8436 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10854-017-6561-y Google Scholar
- 13.M.M. Syazwan, R.S. Azis, M. Hashim, I. Ismail, S. Kanagesan, A.N. Hapishah, Co–Ti- and Mn–Ti-substituted barium ferrite for electromagnetic property tuning and enhanced microwave absorption synthesized via mechanical alloying. J. Aust. Ceram. Soc. 53, 465–474 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/s41779-017-0056-4 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.Z. Vakil, Effect of cerium (Ce 3+ ) doping on structural, magnetic and dielectric properties of barium ferrite (BaFe12019), 2015 IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Technologies (ICECCT) (2015)Google Scholar
- 18.Z. Lalegani, A. Nemati, Effects of Ce–Co substitution on structural, magnetic and dielectric properties of M-type barium hexaferrite nanoparticles synthetized by sol–gel auto-combustion route. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 26, 2134 (2015)Google Scholar
- 23.ASTM D5568-14, Standard Test Method for Measuring Relative Complex Permittivity and Relative Magnetic Permeability of Solid Materials at Microwave Frequencies Using Waveguide (ASTM International, West Conshohocken, 2014)Google Scholar
- 26.S.A. Schelkunoff, Electromagnetic Waves (D. Van Nostrand, Princeton, 1943)Google Scholar