Synthesis of silver bromide/graphene oxide composite and its enhanced visible light photocatalytic efficiency and mechanism for elimination of parachlorobenzoic acid
- 16 Downloads
In this study, silver bromide/graphene oxide (AgBr/GO) composite was synthesized by a simple ultrasonic-precipitation process. Afterwards, series of measurments demonstrated that AgBr/GO displayed improved visible light absorbance and higher photogenerated charge carriers. In addition, we proposed the enhanced visible light driven photocatalytic mechanism of AgBr/GO. Besides, AgBr/GO composite exhibits a higher PC activity (99.9%) for degradation of parachlorobenzoic acid than that of pristine AgBr within 40 min illumination. Finally, the degradation pathways of parachlorobenzoic acid were concluded. This study provides a new insight to promote the development of new fashioned photocatalytic decomposition of emerging contaminants from natural water bodies.
This work was kindly supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (51808062, 51608061).
- 6.D.W. Park, K. Lee, J.C. Chae, T. Kudo, C.K. Kim, Genetic structure of xyl gene cluster responsible for complete degradation of (4-chloro)benzoate from Pseudomonas sp. S-47. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 14, 483–489 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.C. Creaser, L.F. dos Santos, D.G. Lamarca, A. New, J.C. Wolff, Biodegradation studies of 4-fluorobenzoic acid and 4-fluorocinnamic acid: an evaluation of membrane inlet mass spectrometry as an alternative to high performance liquid chromatography and ion chromatography. Anal. Chim. Acta 454, 137–145 (2002)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 23.W.Y. Gao, C.X. Ran, M.Q. Wang, L. Li, Z.W. Sun, X. Yao, The role of reduction extent of graphene oxide in the photocatalytic performance of Ag/AgX (X = Cl, Br)/rGO composites and the pseudo-second-order kinetics reaction nature of the Ag/AgBr system. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 18, 18219–18226 (2016)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 29.J. Amani, M. Maleki, A. Khoshroo, A. Sobhani-Nasab, M. Rahimi-Nasrabadi, An electrochemical immunosensor based on poly p-phenylenediamine and graphene nanocomposite for detection of neuron-specific enolase via electrochemically amplified detection. Anal. Biochem. 548, 53–59 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 43.B. Feng, Z.Y. Wu, J.S. Liu, K.J. Zhu, Z.Q. Li, X. Jin, Y.D. Hou, Q.Y. Xi, M.Q. Cong, P.C. Liu, Q.L. Gu, Combination of ultrafast dye-sensitized-assisted electron transfer process and novel Z-scheme system: AgBr nanoparticles interspersed MoO3 nanobelts for enhancing photocatalytic performance of RhB. Appl. Catal. B 206, 242–251 (2017)CrossRefGoogle Scholar