Electrochemical determination of levodopa in the presence of uric acid using ZnO nanoflowers-reduced graphene oxide
- 14 Downloads
ZnO nanoflowers (ZnO NFs) were prepared by hydrothermal synthesis and graphene oxide nanosheets (GO NSs) were synthesized by the Hummer’s method. Then, ZnO NFs were dispersed in GO dispersion and sprayed onto ITO-coated glass. Finally, the ZnO NFs-GO NSs/ITO was annealed to form the ZnO NFs-rGO NSs/ITO, acting as the electrode for the determination of levodopa (LD) under the interference of uric acid (UA). The results reveal that the ZnO NFs are made up of nanorods with the diameter of ∼ 150 nm and the length of ∼ 2 µm and ZnO NFs are covered by rGO NSs. The ZnO NFs-rGO NSs/ITO electrode exhibits an enhanced electrochemical response due to its excellent redox activity, which shows a high sensitivity (0.66 µA µM−1), low measured detection limit (1 µM) and excellent selectivity for determination of LD. The electrode was used to detect the LD in the actual sample of human serum for practical application, revealing satisfactory results.
This work is supported by the Natural Science Foundation of Heilongjiang Province (LC2015020), Technology Foundation for Selected Overseas Chinese Scholar, Ministry of Personnel of China (2015192), the Innovative Talent Fund of Harbin city (2016RAQXJ185) and Science Funds for the Young Innovative Talents of HUST (201604).
- 2.K. Dashtipour, E. Johnson, C. Kani, K. Kani, E. Hadi, M. Ghamsary et al., Effect of exercise on motor and nonmotor symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. Parkinsons Dis. 2015, 586378–586389 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.S. Fabrizio, T. Michele, O.C. Warren, Treatment of levodopa-induced motor complications. Mov. Disord. 23, S599–S612 (2010)Google Scholar
- 18.M. Elahe, M. Ali, B. Hadi, A. Reza, Synthesis of ZnO nanorods and their application in the construction of a nanostructure-based electrochemical sensor for determination of levodopa in the presence of carbidopa. Analyst 139, 4356–4364 (2016)Google Scholar
- 21.L. Wei, F. Li, Hydrothermal synthesis of ZnO flower-reduced graphene oxide composite for electrochemical determination of ascorbic acid. Fullerenes Nanotub. Carbon Nanostructures 25, 00–09 (2017)Google Scholar
- 24.K. Hamid, S.N. Ali, E.A. Mohammad et al., Eco-friendly synthesis of PbTiO3nanoparticles and PbTiO3/carbon quantum dots binary nano-hybrids for enhanced photocatalytic performance under visible light. Sep. Purif. Technol. 18, 873–881 (2019)Google Scholar
- 37.H.Y. Yue, B. Wang, S. Huang, X. Gao, S.S. Song, E.H. Guan et al., Synthesis of graphene/ZnO nanoflowers and electrochemical determination of levodopa in the presence of uric acid. J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 12, 1–9 (2018)Google Scholar