Fluorine and oxygen co-doped porous carbons derived from third-class red dates for high-performance symmetrical supercapacitors
- 114 Downloads
Recently, the incorporation of foreign atoms (e.g. nitrogen, phosphorus, fluorine, and oxygen, etc.) into the carbocycle has been demonstrated to be very promising for enhancing the electrochemical property of carbon-based supercapacitor. Herein, for the first time, fluorine and oxygen co-doped porous carbons (FOPCs) were successfully prepared by employing third-class red dates as precursor, which showed high specific surface area (1229 m2 g−1), highly-developed micropores (~ 93%), rich oxygen-content (22.8 wt%) and moderate fluorine doping (1.0 wt%). Owing to the aforementioned advantages, the resultant FOPC-800 electrode displayed high specific capacities of 261 and 168 F g−1 at 1 and 20 A g−1 respectively, in 6 M KOH electrolyte. Moreover, high energy density (23.2 W h kg−1) of the FOPC-800-based symmetric supercapacitor was achieved in 1 M Na2SO4 electrolyte, with outstanding cyclic stability (93.5% retention after 5000 cycles).
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (21606081).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare no conflict of interest.
- 10.W.W. Kang, B.P. Lin, G.X. Huang, C.X. Zhang, W.T. Hou, Y.H. Yao, B. Xu, B.L. Xing, Nitrogen and oxygen co-doped porous carbon for high performance supercapacitors. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29, 3340–3347 (2018)Google Scholar
- 13.Z.S. Li, Q.J. Liang, C.X. Yang, L. Zhang, B.L. Li, D.H. Li, Convenient preparation of nitrogen-doped activated carbon from Macadamia nutshell and its application in supercapacitor. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 13880–13887 (2017)Google Scholar
- 16.P. Song, X.P. Shen, W.F. He, L.R. Kong, X.M. He, Z.Y. Ji, A.H. Yuan, G.X. Zhu, N. Li, Protein-derived nitrogen-doped hierarchically porous carbon as electrode material for supercapacitors. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29, 12206–12215 (2018)Google Scholar
- 21.W.W. Kang, B.P. Lin, G.X. Huang, C.X. Zhang, Y.H. Yao, W.T. Hou, B. Xu, B.L. Xing, Peanut bran derived hierarchical porous carbon for supercapacitor. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29, 6361–6368 (2018)Google Scholar
- 38.J.N. Yi, Y. Qing, C.T. Wu, Y.X. Zeng, Y.Q. Wu, X.H. Lu, Y.X. Tong, Lignocellulose-derived porous phosphorus-doped carbon as advanced electrode for supercapacitors. J. Power Sources 35, 1130–1137 (2017)Google Scholar