The effect of different charge compensation on crystal structure and luminescent properties of PbF2: Er3+, Yb3+
- 33 Downloads
In this paper, PbF2: Er3+, Yb3+ upconversion (UC) luminescent materials are prepared via a high-temperature solid-state method. The luminescent mechanism of samples on excitation of 1064 nm laser is analyzed and the effects of different charge compensation on the crystal structure and luminescent properties of the samples are systematically investigated. The results demonstrate that the introduction of Na+ ions makes the compensation mode change from the generation of interstitial F− ions in [F8] interspace to Na+ ions occupying the normal lattice site of Pb2+ ions, leading to the decrease for cell constant of the samples. The incorporation of Na+ ions gives rise to the formation of an electrically neutral Er3+-Na+ ion pair resulting in a decrease in luminescent intensity, nevertheless, it effectively prevents the formation of Er3+–Fi− compensated dimer and weakens cross-relaxation between rare earth ions. These two effects co-determine the emission intensity of the PbF2: Er3+, Yb3+ UC luminescent materials doped with Na+ ions.
This project is financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51602027 and 61307118), the education project of Jilin Provincial Department, China (JJKH20170607KJ).
- 5.G.R. Paz-Pujalt, C.R. Moon, J.M. Chwalek, D.D. Tuschel, D.K. Chatterjee, U.S. Patent 5,399,499 (1995)Google Scholar
- 9.P. Ramasamy, P. Manivasakan, J. Kim, RSC Adv. 45, 34873 (2015)Google Scholar
- 13.P. Parameswaran Nampi et al., J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 619, 012043 (2015)Google Scholar
- 15.J. Qian, Z. Bai, X. Zhang, J. Chin. Ceram. Soc. 2013, 1725 (2013)Google Scholar
- 18.J.G. Deng, D.L. Liu, L. Yong, J. Funct. Mater. 43, 109 (2012)Google Scholar