Flexible graphene supercapacitor based on the PVA electrolyte and BaTiO3/PEDOT:PSS composite separator
- 49 Downloads
In this study, the graphene supercapacitor based on the paper substrate, polyvinyl alcohol electrolyte and BaTiO3/poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) polystyrene sulfonate (PEDOT:PSS) composite separator has been fabricated. The morphology of the separator, electrolyte and electrode surfaces and graphene two-dimensional sheets have been characterized using scanning electron microscopy and transmission electron microscopy. The specific capacitances of the graphene supercapacitor were measured using C–V curves and charge/discharge curves. The specific capacitances of the graphene supercapacitor using C–V curves and charge/discharge curves were 343 F g−1 and 195 F g−1 respectively. The Nyquist curve and Bode curve of the graphene supercapacitor have been measured using the electrochemical impedance spectroscopy analysis. From the Nyquist curve the internal resistance was 42 Ω. The supercapacitor based on the graphene two-dimensional sheets electrode and BaTiO3/PEDOT:PSS composite separator represents a progressive type of supercapacitors with excellent performance.
This research work was supported by the Department of Physics, East Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran.
- 9.M. Ciszewski, E. Szatkowska, A. Koszorek, M. Maj, Carbon aerogels modified with graphene nanoparticles oxide, graphene nanoparticles and CNT as symetric supercapacitor electrodes. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 4897–4903 (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.F. Akbar, M. Kolahdouz, Sh Larimian, B. Radfar, H.H. Radamson, Graphene nanoparticles synthesis, characterization and its applications in nanophotonics, nanoelectronics, and nanosensing. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 26, 4347–4379 (2015)Google Scholar
- 15.S. Kandasamy, K. Kandasamy, Recent advances in electrochemical performances of graphene nanoparticles composite (graphene nanoparticles-polyaniline/polypyrrole/activated carbon/ carbon nanotube) electrode materials for supercapacitor. Inorg. Organomet. Polym. 28, 559–584 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 28.T.H. Ko, S. Radhakrishnan, M.K. Seo, M.S. Khil, H.Y. Kim, B.S. Kim, Recent advances in electrochemical performances of graphene composite (graphene-polyaniline/polypyrrole/activated carbon/ carbon nanotube) electrode materials for supercapacitor. J. Alloys Compd. 695, 193–200 (2017)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 29.D. Gui, W. Chen, Ch Liu, J. Liu, Graphene-like membrane supported MnO2 nanospheres for supercapacitor. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 5121–5127 (2016)Google Scholar
- 32.L. Lai, H. Yang, L. Wang, B. Teh, J. Zhong, Preparation of supercapacitor electrodes through selection of graphene surface functionalities. Am. Chem. Soc. 6, 5941–5951 (2012)Google Scholar