Photodiode based on Pb0.9Cd0.1S ternary alloy semiconductor for solar tracking systems
- 73 Downloads
The fabrication and photoelectrical properties of the photodiodes based on the ternary alloy of semiconductor nanocrystallite Pb0.9Cd0.1S with coumarin dopant were investigated. The structure, stability, melting temperature and optical bandgap of the prepared nanostructure were characterized by X-ray diffraction, thermogravimetric analysis, Infrared, Raman spectroscopy and UV-VIS-NIR spectroscopies. The characterization of the ternary alloy indicates that the crystal structure of the ternary alloy is cubic with some distortion in (111) direction and has a nanosize of 9 nm. The photoelectrical characteristics of fabricated Si-based photodiodes with coumarin doped PbCdS interfacial layers were investigated by using current–voltage, transient photocurrent and capacitance/conductance-voltage measurements. Some electrical parameters and the effects of illumination on these parameters have been determined from these measurements. Consequently, results of experiments suggest that the ternary alloy Pb0.9Cd0.1S nanocrystallite based photodiode can be suitable for optoelectronic applications.
Authors would like to acknowledge the support of the King Khalid University for this research through a Grant RCAMS/KKU/007-18 under the (Research Center for Advanced Materials Science) at King Khalid University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- 10.S. Wageh, Ternary ZnS:Te nanoparticles capped with 3-mercaptopropionic acid prepared in aqueous media. J. Mater. Sci. 27, 10877–10887 (2016)Google Scholar
- 12.E. Binetti, M. Striccoli, T. Sibillano, C. Giannini, R. Brescia, A. Falqui, R. Comparelli, M. Corricelli, R. Tommasi, A. Agostiano, M.L. Curri, Tuning light emission of PbS nanocrystals from infrared to visible range by cation exchange. Sci. Technol. Adv. Mater. 16, 055007 (2015)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.S. Wageh, M. Maize, Structure and optical properties of capped and uncapped CdS nanoparticles prepared in aqueous medium. J. Mater. Sci. 25, 4830–4840 (2014)Google Scholar
- 17.R. Dalven, H. Ehrenreich, F. Seitz, D. Turnbull, Solid State Physics, 28, 179, (Academic, New York, 1973)Google Scholar
- 21.M. Ilhan, Electrical characterization of Al/fluorescein sodium salt organic semiconductor/Au diode by current-voltage and capacitance-voltage methods. J. Mater. Electron. Devices 1, 15–20 (2017)Google Scholar
- 22.S. Altindal, On the origin of increase in the barrier height and decrease in ideality factor with increase temperature in Ag/SiO2/p-Si (MIS) Schottky barrier diodes (SBDs). J. Mater. Electron. Devices 1, 42–47 (2017)Google Scholar
- 28.A. Rose, Concepts in Photoconductivity, (Interscience Publishers Inc, New York, 1963)Google Scholar
- 37.C. Casteleiro, R. Schwarz, U. Mardolcar, A. Maçarico, J. Martins, M. Vieira, F. Wuensch, M. Kunst, E. Morgado, P. Stallinga, H.L. Gomes, Spatially-resolved photocapacitance measurements to study defects in a-Si:H based p–i–n particle detectors. Thin Solid Films 516, 5118–5121 (2008)CrossRefGoogle Scholar