Improvement of energy storage properties in niobate glass–ceramics via the adjustment of glass/ceramic ratios
Niobate glass–ceramics with varying amounts of glass have been prepared through a melted-quenching-controlled crystallization method. The influence of glass/ceramic ratio on the dielectric properties, energy storage characteristics and charge–discharge behavior of the [(SrO, K2O)–Nb2O5]–[SiO2–Al2O3] (SKN–SA) glass–ceramics was investigated. The microstructure showed that the grain size reduced with increasing aluminosilicate glass concentration. The dielectric properties illustrated that there was an opposite trend between the dielectric constant and breakdown strength with the increase of glass content. Based on these results, an optimal theoretical energy storage density of 6.70 J/cm3 could be obtained in the glass–ceramic sample with 45 mol% glass. For pulsed power capacitors, the discharge speed of the glass–ceramic samples decreased from 8.4 to 5.5 µs and the discharge–charge efficiency increased from 75.7 to 87.7% with the increase of glass content, which provided a new design strategy for pulsed power capacitors.
The authors would like to acknowledge the support from Public Technology Research Project of Zhejiang Province (LGG18E020002) and National Key Fundamental Research Program (2015CB654601).
- 1.Q. Chen, B.J. Chu, X. Zhou, Q.M. Zhang, Appl. Phys. Lett. 91(6), 434 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.S. Xiao, S.M. Xiu, B. Shen, J.W. Zhai, J. Electron. Mater. 47(1), 1 (2017)Google Scholar
- 12.E.P. Gorzkowski, M.J. Pan, B. Bender, C.C.M. Wu, J. Electron. Ceram. 18(3–4), 269 (2007)Google Scholar
- 20.S.X. Xue, J.W. Zhai, S. Xiao, S.M. Xiu, B. Shen, Mater. Lett. 154, 190 (2017)Google Scholar
- 29.S.X. Xue, S.H. Liu, J.W. Zhai, Appl. Phys. Lett. 106(16), 1065 (2015)Google Scholar
- 31.S.X. Xue, S. Xiao, J.W. Zhai, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 5785, 1 (2017)Google Scholar