Forward and reverse bias current–voltage (I–V) characteristics in the metal–ferroelectric–semiconductor (Au/SrTiO3/n-Si) structures at room temperature
- 103 Downloads
The main electrical parameters of fabricated Au/SrTiO3/n-Si (MFS) structures have been investigated by using various methods. The values of ideality factor (n) and zero-bias barrier height (ΦB0) are calculated from the forward bias current–voltage (IF–VF) data as 0.60, and 0.48 eV from thermionic theory (TE) and Cheung functions, respectively. The value of Rs is also obtained from the Norde function and Cheung functions as 87.83 and 137.57 Ω, respectively. The discrepancy between these results can be attributed to the calculated method and the measured voltage range. Besides, the energy density distribution profile of interface state (Nss) was obtained from the (IF–VF) data by taking into account voltage dependent barrier height (BH), n and without Rs. On the other hand, the possible current conduction mechanism (CCM) are determined by utilizing the In(IF) versus In(VF) and In(IR) versus VR1/2 plots. The double logarithmic IF–VF plot shows three linear regions which are corresponding to low, moderate and high bias voltages with different slopes (m) as 2.40, 1.96 and 1.27 respectively. While the first region space charge limited current (SCLC) is dominated, the other two regions ohmic behavior is dominated. The field-lowering coefficient (β) was also obtained from the slope of In(IR)–V1/2 plot as 4.40 \(\times\) 10−6 eV−1 m1/2 V1/2. This value of β is close to theoretical value of Poole–Frenkel emission (PFE) rather than Schottky emission (SE) mechanism.
This study was supported by Gazi University Scientific Research Project (Project Number: GU-BAP.05/2018-10).
- 6.S.M. Sze, Physics of Semiconductor Devices, 2nd edn. (Wiley, New York, 1981), pp. 362–380Google Scholar
- 7.E.H. Rhoderick, R. H. Williams, Metal Semiconductor Contacts, 2nd edn. (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1988), pp. 257–267Google Scholar
- 20.H. Tanrıkulu, A. Tataroğlu, E.E. Tanrıkulu, A.B. Uluşan, Electrical characterization of MIS diode prepared by magnetron sputtering. IJPAP 56, 142–148 (2018)Google Scholar
- 24.A. Büyükbaş Uluşan, A. Tataroğlu, Y. Azizian-Kalandaragh, Ş Altındal, On the conduction mechanisms of Au/(Cu2O–CuO–PVA)/n-Si (MPS) Schottky barrier diodes (SBDs) using current–voltage–temperature (I–V–T) characteristics. J. Mater. Sci. 29, 159–170 (2018)Google Scholar
- 25.E.H. Nicollian, J.R. Brews, MOS Physics and Technology, 2nd edn. (Wiley, New York, 1982), pp. 71–150Google Scholar