Photovoltaic properties of nanostructured copper sulfide incorporated silicon rich composites
- 45 Downloads
In the present experimentation, the photovoltaic properties of CuS incorporated SiO2 nanocomposites were investigated. The nanocomposite between CuS and SiO2 were prepared by solid state diffusion method. During the process of solid state diffusion, silicic acid was used as source of silicon. The prepared composites characterized by X-ray diffractions, scanning electron microscopy, ultraviolet–visible spectrophotometers, Raman spectroscopy, photoluminescence spectroscopy and thermal analysis and photovoltaic measurements. IV characteristics of PV cell shows that performance of cell is sensitive to concentration of CuS in composite. The optimized power conversion efficiency was 1.11% found to be for 15 wt% CuS loaded SiO2 composite having fill factor 0.189 under the power incidence of 0.0104 W/m2.
Authors are very much thankful to the Head, Department of Physics, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati, India, for providing necessary facilities.
- 4.X. Xu, J. Bullock, L.T. Schelhas, E.Z. Stutz, J.J. Fonseca, M. Hettick, V.L. Pool, K.F. Tai, M.F. Toney, X. Fang, A. Javey, L.H. Wong, J.W. Ager, Chemical bath deposition of p-type transparent, highly conducting (CuS)x:(ZnS)1–x nanocomposite thin films and fabrication of Si heterojunction solar cells. Nano Lett. 16, 1925–1932 (2016)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.M. Nafees, M. Ikram, S. Alia, Thermal behavior and decomposition of copper sulfide nanomaterial synthesized by aqueous sol method. Dig. J. Nanomater. Biostruct. 10, 635–641 (2015)Google Scholar
- 18.T. Salmi, M. Bouzguenda, A. Gastli, A. Masmoudi, MATLAB/simulink based modelling of solar photovoltaic cell. Int. J. Renew. Energy Res. 2, 213–218 (2012)Google Scholar
- 19.M. Seifi, A. Soh, N. Izzrib. A. Wahab, M.K.B. Hassan, A comparative study of PV models in Matlab/Simulink. Int. J. Electr. Robot. Electron. Commun. Eng. 7, 97–102 (2013)Google Scholar
- 21.I. Mora-Sero, S. Gimenez, T. Moehl, F. Fabregat-Santiago, T. Lana-Villareal, R. Gomez, J. Bisquert, Factors determining the photovoltaic performance of a CdSe quantum dot sensitized solar cell: the role of the linker molecule and of the counter electrode. Nanotechnology 19, 424007–442014 (2008)CrossRefGoogle Scholar