Research on hydrophobicity treatment of aluminum nitride powder and the fabrication and characterization of AlN/PTFE composite substrates
- 91 Downloads
A study on fabrication and characterization of different filler ratios AlN/ PTFE composite substrates was described. Phenyltrimethoxysilane (Z6124) was used to modify AlN ceramic powder. The contents of Z6124 were 0.8, 1.0, 1.2, 1.4, 1.6 wt%, respectively. The infrared spectroscopy, microstructure, contact angle and the pH changes in water of AlN ceramic powder were investigated in detail. The results revealed that 1.0 wt% Z6124 modified AlN ceramic powder exhibited the largest contact angle (θ = 148.4°), obvious coupling agent characteristic peak, and excellent water resistance. Next, 1.0 wt% Z6124 modified AlN powders were used to manufacture AlN/PTFE composites, and the contents of AlN ceramic filler were 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 and 55 wt%, respectively. The effects of AlN ceramic content on the microwave dielectric properties, water absorption and thermal conductivity of AlN/PTFE composite substrates were systematically investigated. When the content of filler was 45 wt%, composite substrates exhibited reliable dielectric constant (εr = 3.38), acceptable dielectric loss (tan δ = 0.006) and excellent temperature coefficient of dielectric constant (− 32.6 ppm/°C), lower water absorption (0.056%) and high thermal conductivity (0.957 W/m K).
This work was supported by Science and Technology Planning Project of Guangdong Province, China (Grant No. 2017A010103001).
- 2.Y. Yuan, H. Lin, D. Yu, Y. Yin, B. Tang, E. Li, S. Zhang, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 28, 1 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.J.T. Shen, M. Top, Y.T. Pei, J.T.M.D. Hosson, Wear 322, 171 (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Y. Yuan, Y. Yin, D. Yu, H. Lin, J. Wang, B. Tang, E. Li, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 28, 1 (2016)Google Scholar
- 14.C. Pan, K. Kou, Q. Jia, Y. Zhang, Y. Wang, G. Wu, A. Feng, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 27, 1 (2016)Google Scholar
- 15.H. Yue, K.L. Virga, J. Prince, Electron. Compon. Technol. Conf. 21, 1077 (1998)Google Scholar