Efficient energy transfer and luminescence properties of green–blue emission in Ce/Tb Co-doped Sr3NaY(PO4)3F phosphors
- 106 Downloads
Ce3+ and Ce3+/Tb3+-activated Sr3NaY(PO4)3F phosphors are synthesized by the high temperature solid-state reaction, which can be efficiently excited by near ultraviolet (NUV) light-emitting diode (LED) chips. The X-ray diffraction profiles (XRD), photoluminescence(PL) spectra, the decay curves, thermal properties and energy transfer of the phosphors were systematically investigated in detail. The PL spectrum of Sr3NaY(PO4)3F:Ce3+/Tb3+ shows a broad hump ranging from 300 to 450 nm of Ce3+ ions and characteristic line of Tb3+ ions. The emission intensity of Tb3+ increased and that of Ce3+ decreased with the increase of content of Tb3+. The color of the Sr3NaY(PO4)3F:Ce3+/Tb3+ phosphors can shift from blue to green by varying Tb3+ content. The decay curves of Sr3NaY(PO4)3F:Ce3+/Tb3+ indicated that energy transfer process from Ce3+ to Tb3+ existed in the host and the quadrupole–quadrupole interaction to be demonstrated for energy transfer mechanism. In addition, the Sr3NaY(PO4)3F:Ce3+/Tb3+ phosphor exhibits excellent thermal stability, 90% initial emission intensity still remained at temperatures over 100 °C. The obtained results reveal that Sr3NaY(PO4)3F:Ce3+/Tb3+ phosphors can be served as a green-emitting candidate material for phosphor-converted white-light NUV-LEDs.
This work was supported by Scientific Research Ability Promotion Plan of Graduate Student of Beijing Technology and Business University; Importation and Development of High-Caliber Talents Project of Beijing Municipal Institutions(CIT&TCD201404030); National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 21576002, 61705003), and Scientific Research Common Program of Beijing Municipal Commission of Education (Grant No. SQKM201710011009).
- 7.N. Guo, Y.J. Huang, M. Yang, Y.H. Song, Y.H. Zheng, H.P. You, A tunable single-component warm white-light Sr3Y(PO4)3:Eu2+, Mn2+ phosphor for white-light emitting diodes. Phys. Chem. 13, 15077 (2011)Google Scholar
- 14.D.H. Xu, Z.F. Yang, J.Y. Sun, X.D. Gao, J.N. Du, Synthesis and luminescence properties of double-perovskite white emitting phosphor. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 8370–8377 (2016)Google Scholar
- 22.G. Blasse, Energy transfer in oxidic phosphors. Philips Res. Rep. 24, 131–144 (1969)Google Scholar
- 28.J. Barbier, J.E. Greedan, T. Asaro, G.J. McCarthy, Structural features: variant of Bi4(SiO4)3 with the PO4 tetrahedra in orientational disorder. Eur. J. Solid State Inorg. Chem. 27, 855 (1990)Google Scholar
- 31.Z.G. Xia, R.S. Liu, K.W. Huang, V. Droid, Ca2Al3O6F:Eu2+: a green-emitting oxyfluoride phosphor for white light-emitting diodes. J. Mater. Chem. 20, 15183–15189 (2014)Google Scholar