Preparation and characterization of BaSmxFe12−xO19/polypyrrole composites
- 53 Downloads
BaSmxFe12−xO19 and its composite with polypyrrole have been prepared by the hydrothermal method and in-situ polymerization respectively. The polypyrrole is found to form uniform coats on the surface of BaSmxFe12−xO19 without having serious effects on the morphology of the inorganic compound. However, in the composite the dispersion of samples increased and the density of samples decreased. In particular when x = 0.2, both the ferrite and its composite show special properties in regard of the peak intensities of XRD, saturation magnetization, residual magnetization, coercive force of magnetic properties, and reflection loss for microwaves. The problems with the time-honored method for characterizing reflection loss have also been addressed and a more accurate method is described and has been used in this study.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.S. Chandrasekaran, S. Ramanathan, T. Basak, Microwave material processing—a review. Fluid Mech. Transp. Phenom. 58(2), 330–363 (2012)Google Scholar
- 17.A.K. Jena, J. Mohanty, Enhancing ferromagnetic properties in bismuth ferrites with non‑magnetic Y and Sc co‑doping. J. Mater. Sci.: Mate. Electron. 29, 5150–5156 (2018)Google Scholar
- 18.S.A. Hosseini, Low-cost and eco-friendly viable approach for synthesis of thulium doped copper ferrite nanoparticles using starch. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 7433–7437 (2016)Google Scholar
- 22.Y. Liu, H. Yu, M.G.B. Drew, Y. Liu, A systemized parameter set applicable to microwave absorption for ferrite based materials. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29(2), 1562–1575 (2018)Google Scholar
- 43.C. Chambers, P. Sumner, Replication is the only solution to scientific fraud. The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/sep/14/solution-scientific-fraud-replication. Accessed 14 Sep 2012
- 44.A. Jha, High-profile cases and modern technology are putting scientific deceit under the microscope. The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/sep/13/scientific-research-fraud-bad-practice. Accessed 13 Sep 2012
- 45.R. Schekman, How journals like Nature, Cell and Science are damaging science. The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/dec/09/how-journals-nature-science-cell-damage-science. Accessed 9 Dec 2013
- 46.S.V. Trukhanov, A.V. Trukhanov, V.G. Kostishyn, L.V. Panina, A.V. Trukhanov, V.A. Turchenko, D.I. Tishkevich, E.L. Trukhanova, O.S. Yakovenko, L.Y. Matzui, Investigation into the structural features and microwave absorption of doped barium hexaferrites. Dalton Trans. 46, 9010–9021 (2017)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 47.R. Mohammadian, S. Rahmani, M.S.S. Dorraji, I. Hajimiri, Microwave absorption properties of GO nanosheets-BaFe12O19–NiO nanocomposites based on epoxy resin: optimization using Taguchi methodology. J. Mate. Sci.: Mater. Electron 29, 4583–4595 (2018)Google Scholar
- 48.J. Jin, Y. Liu, M.G.B. Drew, Y. Liu, Preparation and characterizations of Ba1−xPbxFe12O19/polypyrrole composites. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 11325–11331 (2017)Google Scholar