Preparation and electrochemical properties of nanorods and nanosheets structural Li4Ti5O12 as anode for lithium ion batteries
- 54 Downloads
In this study, nanorods and nanosheets structure of Li4Ti5O12 (LTO) with higher capacity and cycle performance are prepared by hydrothermal synthesis. We can obtain different nanostructural LTO by changing heating time in autoclave and molar ratio between lithium (Li) and titanium (Ti). Precursor was calcined at 600 °C for 6 h in air after heating to 180 °C with the holding time of 12 and 24 h in Teflon-lined PTFE autoclave vessel, nanorods and nanosheets structure of LTO were prepared successfully, respectively. Specially, when the molar ratio between Li and Ti was 4.2:5, the discharge capacities were 177.7 and 230.7 mAh g−1 at 20 mA g−1, respectively. When the holding time was 24 h as well as molar ratio between Li and Ti was 4.2:5, the band gap was least, and this pure LTO reversible capacities reached 90.36 and 73.12% after 200 and 3000 cycles at 100 mA g−1 and 1 A g−1, respectively.
This work was supported by National International Technology Cooperation Plan (Grant No. 2014DFR50570).
- 1.S. Sabrina, C. Fermin, L. Michel., Appl. Phys. A 122, 1–7 (2016)Google Scholar
- 11.X. Sun, P.V. Radovanovic, B. Cui, ChemInform 46, 38–63 (2015)Google Scholar
- 14.X. Bai, W. Li, A. Wei et al., Electrochim. Acta 222, (2016)Google Scholar
- 16.X.B. Huang, H.H. Chen, S.B. Zhou et al., Appl. Mech. Mater. 633, 495–498 (2014)Google Scholar
- 21.C. Jiang, S. Liu, Q. Lian et al., Ceram. Int. 33, 559–566 (2017)Google Scholar
- 23.G. Liu, X. Liu, L. Wang et al., Electrochim. Acta 222, (2016)Google Scholar
- 31.A.J. Bard, L.R. Faulkner, Electrochemical Methods: Fundamentals and Applications, vol. 60, 2nd edn. (Wiley, 1980), pp. 669–676Google Scholar
- 32.Y. Sun, H. Dong, Y. Xu et al., Electrochim. Acta 246, (2017)Google Scholar