Hollow rod-like hybrid Co2CrO4/Co1−xS for high-performance asymmetric supercapacitor
- 27 Downloads
A hollow rod-like hybrid of Co2CrO4/Co1−xS is synthesized via a facile two-step hydrothermal process, and the mass ratio for Co2CrO4–Co1−xS in the hybrid is optimized. The Co2CrO4/Co1−xS electrode exhibits excellent properties with high specific capacitance of 1580 F g−1 at current density of 1 A g−1 and possesses good rate performance. An asymmetric supercapacitor of Co2CrO4/Co1−xS//AC is assembled, which can be operated within a voltage range of 0–1.6 V, demonstrating specific capacitance of 92.3 F g−1, energy density of 32.8 Wh kg−1 and highest power density of 4003.3 W kg−1. Moreover, the specific capacitance of the device remains 88% after 5000 cycles. The good characteristics of Co2CrO4/Co1−xS//AC can be ascribed to the hollow rod-like structure and the positive synergistic effects of Co2CrO4 and Co1−xS components in the hybrid. The unique structure and superior performances render Co2CrO4/Co1−xS hybrid as a promising candidate for energy storage device.
The authors acknowledge the financial joint support by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 91422301, 51472094, 61474047).
- 5.Y. Zhao, X. He, R. Chen, Q. Liu, J. Liu, D. Song et al., Hierarchical NiCo2S4@CoMoO4 core-shell heterostructures nanowire arrays as advanced electrodes for flexible all-solid-state asymmetric supercapacitors. Appl. Surf. Sci. 453, 73–82 (2018)Google Scholar
- 6.X. He, R. Li, J. Liu, Q. Liu, R.R. Chen, D. Song et al., Hierarchical FeCo2O4@NiCo layered double hydroxide core/shell nanowires for high performance flexible all-solid-state asymmetric supercapacitors. Chem. Eng. J. 334, 1573–583 (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.X. Wu, L. Meng, Q. Wang, W. Zhang, Y. Wang, A flexible asymmetric fibered-supercapacitor based on unique Co3O4@PPy core-shell nanorod arrays electrode. Chem. Eng. J. 327 193–201 (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.Q. Zhao, C.X. Wu, L. Cong, Y. Zhang, G. Sun, H. Xie et al., Yolk–shell Co2CrO4 nanospheres as highly catalysts for Li–O2 batteries: understanding of electrocatalytic mechanism. J. Mater. Chem. A 5, 544–553 (2016)Google Scholar
- 19.J. Huang, D. Hou, Y. Zhou, W. Zhou, G. Li, Z. Tang et al., MoS2 nanosheet-coated CoS2 nanowire arrays on carbon cloth as three-dimensional electrodes for efficient electrocatalytic hydrogen evolution. J. Mater. Chem. A 3, 22886–22891 (2015)Google Scholar
- 21.X. Zhou, X. Yang, M.N. Hedhili, H. Li, S. Min, J. Ming et al., Symmetrical synergy of hybrid Co9S8-MoSx electrocatalysts for hydrogen evolution reaction. Nano Energy 32, 470–478 (2017)Google Scholar
- 25.Y. Li, S. Liu, W. Chen, S. Li, L. Shi, Y. Zhao, Facile synthesis of flower-like cobalt sulfide hierarchitectures with superior electrode performance for supercapacitors. J. Alloys Compd. 712, 139–146 (2017)Google Scholar
- 36.M. Yu, X. Li, Y. Ma, R. Liu, J. Liu, S. Li, Nanohoneycomb-like manganese cobalt sulfide/three dimensional graphene-nickel foam hybid electrodes for high-rate capability supercapacitors. Appl. Surf. Sci. 396, 1816–1824 (2017)Google Scholar
- 38.X. Mao, Z. Wang, W. Kong, W. Wang, Nickel foam supported hierarchical Co9S8 nanostructures for asymmetric supercapacitors. N. J. Chem. 41, 1142–1148 (2016)Google Scholar