Deposition and study of AZO heterojunction Schottky diodes at different temperatures
- 59 Downloads
Highly transparent AZO (Al0.02Zn0.98O) films were deposited on p-type Si (100) using RF magnetron sputtering and then sintered at different temperatures (100 °C, 300 °C, 500 °C, and 600 °C). Structural properties of these films were analyzed and compared using XRD, SEM and AFM. Further, this work investigates the electrical properties of different types of Schottky junctions made with Gold metal contacts on these thin films. With the increasing fabrication temperature, both the optical band gap as well as the ideality factor were found to be decreasing. Impact of temperature variation on potential barrier of Schottky diodes and carrier concentration were also studied.
Authors would like to convey a special gratitude to CeNSE (Center of Nano Science and Engineering), Indian Institute of Science (IISc.), Bangalore for supporting and providing first-rate appliances in this research work under INUP. The authors are also grateful to Prof. K.N. Bhatt for his kind supervision.
- 6.A. Kaphle, P. Hari, Characterization of aluminum doped nanostructured ZnO/p-Si heterojunctions. IJES 5, 41–51 (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.G. Luka, A. Krajewski, B.S. Witkowski, G. WiszI, S. Virt, E. Guziewicz, M. Godlewsk, Aluminum-doped zinc oxide films grown by atomic layer deposition for transparent electrode applications. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 22(12), 1810–1815 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.J.M.J. Kaitila, T. Pensala, M. Ylilammi, Piezoelectric ZnO films by RF sputtering. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 14, 431–435 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.X.Y. Du, Y.Q. Fu, S.C. Tan, J.K. Luo, A.J. Flewitt, S. Maeng, S.H. Kim, Y.J. Choi, D.S. Lee, N.M. Park, ZnO film for application in surface acoustic wave device. J. Phys. Conf. Ser. 76, 1–6 (2007)Google Scholar
- 15.M.R. Johan, M.S.M. Suan, N.L. Hawari, H.A. Ching, Annealing effects on the properties of copper oxide thin films prepared by chemical deposition international. J. Electrochem. Sci. 6, 6094–6104 (2011)Google Scholar
- 18.S. Bhat, B.V. Shrisha, K.G. Naoik, Temperature dependent electrical properties of n-ZnO/p-Si heterojunction prepared by spray pyrolysis growth of ZnO thin film on p-Si. IOSR-JAP 8(2), 126–130 (2016)Google Scholar