Effect of pH on the phase transformation of strontium titanium materials and their photocatalytic property
- 69 Downloads
Strontium titanium (Sr/Ti) system materials with different morphologies (like nanospheres, sheet-like, nanocubes) were synthesized via hydrothermal method by adjusting the solution pH. The main purpose was to study the effect of pH value on phase and morphologies of Sr/Ti system materials. Four different phases of catalysts (Ti4O7/SrF2/TiO2, TiO2/SrF2, TiO2, SrTiO3) were prepared when pH value of the reactant solution was 1.5, 3, 6, 14, respectively. The photocatalytic performance of the as-obtained catalysts with different phase has been investigated in rhodamine B (RhB) solution. The results show that four products exhibit great difference in photocatalytic RhB performance. Furthermore, the photodegradation efficiency and kinetic results show: Ti4O7/SrF2/TiO2 > TiO2 > SrF2/TiO2 > SrTiO3. The probable influence factors have been explored. The photocatalysts were characterized by X-ray diffraction, ultraviolet visible diffuse reflectance spectroscopy, scanning electron microscope and Mott–Schottky (M–S) curves. The results show that phases transformation, crystalline size, and morphologies may affect the photocatalytic properties a lot.
This work was financially supported by Sichuan College Laboratory of Materials of Oil and Gas Field (X151517KCL47, X151517KCL32), Scientific Research Foundation of Sichuan Science and Technology Agency (2018RZ0043).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
Have no conflicts of interest regarding the publication of this manuscript.
- 12.Y. Areerob, K. Youn, C. Won, C. Oh, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 29, 1 (2017)Google Scholar
- 24.Y. Zhu, W. Yao, R. Zong, Photocatalysis: Application on Environmental Purification and Green Energy, 1st edn. (Chemical Industrial Press, Beijing, 2015), pp. 24–35Google Scholar
- 28.M. Grätzel, Nature. 338, 414 (2001)Google Scholar
- 31.Z. Wang, C. Chen, F. Wu, B. Zou, M. Zhao, J. Wang, C. Feng, J. Saudi Chem. Soc. 164, 615 (2009)Google Scholar
- 37.Y. Chen, H. Gao, J. Xiang, X. Dong, Y. Cao, Mater. Res. Bull. 99, 26 (2017)Google Scholar