Synthesis and sorption properties of porous resorcinol–formaldehyde resins prepared by polymerization of the emulsion dispersion phase
- 60 Downloads
Resorcinol–formaldehyde resins for the removal of Cs from liquid media have been synthesized by polymerization of the emulsion dispersion phase. Chemical stability and kinetic parameters of the ion-exchange process in the porous ion exchangers have been estimated using the diffusion coefficient and the exchange half-time. The results of Cs (Cs-133 и Cs-137) removal under static and dynamic conditions are provided. The efficiency of Cs removal from the simulated solution of the evaporator concentrate (EC) containing Cu2+, Co2+, Cr3+, and Ni2+ cations has been estimated. Good prospects of application of porous ion exchangers in the function of materials for Cs removal from highly mineralized alkali media have been demonstrated.
The devices of the Center of Collective Use of Scientific Equipment ‘Far Eastern Center of Structural Investigations’ was used in the present work. The work was financially supported by the Russian Fund for Fundamental Research (RFBR) (Project No. 18-33-00458 \ 18). This work was supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, State Order No. 0265-2019-0002 of the Institute of Chemistry FEBRAS (conducting studies of sorption Cs-137, the use of radiometric equipment for the determination of the radionuclide content).
- 3.Russel RL, Fiskum SK, Jagoda LK, Poloski AP (2003) AP-101 Diluted Feed (Envelope A) simulant development report Richland, WA (United States)Google Scholar
- 7.Kozlov PV, Remizov MB, Makarovsky RA et al (2018) Main approaches, experience and problems of processing of accumulated local radioactive wastes of complex chemical composition in capacities. Radioaktivnyye Otkhody 4:55–66 (in Russian) Google Scholar
- 8.Pron’ IA, Kolupayev DN, Remizov MB et al (2013) Recycling highly active heterogeneous waste federal state unitary enterprise “Mayak production association” state enterprise “ROSATOM”. Bezopasnost’ yadernykh tekhnologiy i okruzhayushchey sredy 20:28–30 (in Russian) Google Scholar
- 9.Logunov MV, Karpov VI et al (2011) Approaches to the processing of highly active pults accumulated at FSUE “PO” MAYAK “. Voprosy Radiatsionnoy Bezopasnosti 1:15–28 (in Russian) Google Scholar
- 14.Zicman LR, Neacsu E, Done L et al (2017) Investigation and modeling of fixed bed cesium sorption on nickel ferrocyanide, precipitated on silica gel. Rom J Phys 62:806Google Scholar
- 18.Hubler TL, Franz JA, Shaw WJ et al (1995) Synthesis, structural characterization, and performance evaluation of resorcinol-formaldehyde (R–F) ion-exchange resin. Retrieved from https://inis.iaea.org/search/search.aspx?orig_q=RN:27020108
- 19.Arm ST, Blanchard DL, Weier DR (2004) Aging effects of stored SuperLig ®644 Ion Exchange ResinGoogle Scholar
- 20.Brown GN, Russell RL, Peterson RA (2011) Small-column cesium ion exchange elution testing of spherical resorcinol-formaldehyde. Richland, WAGoogle Scholar
- 21.Arm ST, Blanchard DL (2004) Pre-conditioning and regeneration requirements of ground gel resorcinol formaldehyde ion exchange resin. Richland, WAGoogle Scholar
- 22.Kozlov PV, Remizov MB, Logunov MV et al (2017) Sorption extraction of cesium from model alkaline hlw on resorcin-formaldehyde resins of domestic production. Voprosy radiatsionnoy bezopasnosti 80:34–41 (in Russian) Google Scholar
- 23.Brown GN (2014) Literature review of spherical resorcinol-formaldehyde for cesium ion exchange. Richland, WAGoogle Scholar