One-pot facile route to fabricate the precursor of sulfonated graphene/N-doped mesoporous carbons composites for supercapacitors
- 226 Downloads
A facile one-pot aqueous route is firstly proposed to fabricate the precursor of sulfonated graphene/N-doped mesoporous carbons composite (SG/NMC). SG/NMC for supercapacitor applications is subsequently obtained by thermal pyrolysis of this precursor. The obtained SG/NMC possesses the ordered mesostructures with both lattice unit parameter about 14.3 nm and much wider distributions of pore sizes, as well as delivers a specific surface area high up to 1039.65 m2 g−1. Likewise, SG/NMC exhibits a high specific capacitance about 304.2 F g−1 at 1.0 A g−1, which is much higher than ordered mesoporous carbons (OMC, 128.9 F g−1) and N-doped mesoporous carbons (NMC, 223.3 F g−1). Moreover, the resultant carbon displays a capacitance of 209.2 F g−1 at a current density even up to 50 A g−1 and the capacity can be retained above 93% after 5000 cycles at 10 A g−1. The strategy demonstrated here is therefore expected to open up new routes to fabricate graphene and mesoporous carbons composites in aqueous solutions for supercapacitor applications.
The authors gratefully acknowledge the financial support of National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 21674034).
- 5.Fang Y, Gu D, Zou Y, Wu ZX, Li FY, Che RC, Deng YH, Tu B, Zhao DY (2010) A low-concentration hydrothermal synthesis of biocompatible ordered mesoporous carbon nanospheres with tunable and uniform size. Angew Chem Int Ed 122:497987–497991. https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.201002849 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Liu D, Xia LJ, Qu DY, Lei JH, Li Y, Su BL (2013) Synthesis of hierarchical fiberlike ordered mesoporous carbons with excellent electrochemical capacitance performance by a strongly acidic aqueous cooperative assembly route. J Mater Chem A 1:15447–15458. https://doi.org/10.1039/C3TA13518G CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Xie QX, Bao RR, Xie C, Zheng AR, Wu SH, Zhang YF, Zhang RW, Zhao P (2016) Core-shell n-doped active carbon fiber@graphene composites for aqueous symmetric supercapacitors with high-energy and high-power density. J Power Sources 317:133–142. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2016.03.099 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 22.Gadiou R, Didion A, Gearba RI, Ivanov DA, Czekaj I, Kötz R, Vix-Guterl C (2008) Synthesis and properties of new nitrogen-doped nanostructured carbon materials obtained by templating of mesoporous silicas with aminosugars. J Phys Chem Solids 69:1808–1814. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpcs.2008.01.006 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 25.Xie QX, Bao RR, Zheng AR, Zhang YF, Wu SH, Xie C, Zhao P (2016) Sustainable low-cost green electrodes with high volumetric capacitance for aqueous symmetric supercapacitors with high energy density. ACS Sustain Chem Eng 4:1422–1430. https://doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.5b01417 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 31.Gu WT, Sevilla M, Magasinski A, Fuertes AB, Yushin G (2013) Sulfur-containing activated carbons with greatly reduced content of bottle neck pores for double-layer capacitors: a case study for pseudocapacitance detection. Energy Environ Sci 6:2465–2476. https://doi.org/10.1039/C3EE41182F CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 41.Song YF, Li L, Wang YG, Wang CX, Guo ZP, Xia YY (2014) Nitrogen-doped ordered mesoporous carbon with a high surface area, synthesized through organic-inorganic coassembly, and its application in supercapacitors. ChemPhysChem 15:2084–2093. https://doi.org/10.1002/cphc.201402250 CrossRefGoogle Scholar