A facile fabrication of nanoflower-like Co3O4 catalysts derived from ZIF-67 and their catalytic performance for CO oxidation
- 533 Downloads
Herein, we reported a facile method for fabricating nanoflower-like Co3O4 catalysts via calcination treatment based on ZIF-67. The catalytic performances of the obtained Co3O4 catalysts were evaluated for the model reaction of CO oxidation. The results demonstrated that calcination temperature had a strong effect on the structure and catalytic reaction activity of Co3O4 catalyst. Co3O4 catalyst prepared at 400 °C (Co3O4-400) exhibited the optimum catalytic activity with a complete CO conversion temperature of 105 °C. This phenomenon was ascribed to the higher specific surface areas, smaller particle size, unique structure, good low-temperature reduction and higher abundances of surface Co2+ and adsorbed oxygen species. The addition of 1.0% water vapor had a negative effect on CO oxidation and the prepared Co3O4-400 catalyst presented long-term stability.
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 41673093, 41473108, 41773128, 41573096, 51508327).
- 13.Zhang XD, Yang Y, Huang WY, Yang YQ, Wang YX, He C, Liu N, Wu MH, Tang L (2018) g-C3N4/UiO-66 nanohybrids with enhanced photocatalytic activities for the oxidation of dye under visible light irradiation. Mater Res Bull 99:349–358. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.materresbull.2017.11.028 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Zhang XD, Li HX, Lv XT, Xu JC, Wang YX, He C, Liu N, Yang YQ, Wang Y (2018) Facile synthesis of highly efficient amorphous Mn-MIL-100 catalysts: the formation mechanism and the structure changes during the application for CO oxidation. Chem Eur J 24:8822–8832. https://doi.org/10.1002/chem.201800773 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 18.Borhani S, Moradia M, Kiani MA, Hajati S, Toth J (2017) CoxZn1−x ZIF-derived binary Co3O4/ZnO wrapped by 3D reduced graphene oxide for asymmetric supercapacitor: comparison of pure and heat-treated bimetallic MOF. Ceram Int 43:14413–14425. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2017.07.211 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 19.Bigdeli H, Moradi M, Hajati S, Kiani MA, Toth J (2017) Cobalt terephthalate MOF-templated synthesis of porous nano-crystalline Co3O4 by the new indirect solid state thermolysis as cathode material of asymmetric supercapacitor. Physica E 94:158–166. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physe.2017.08.005 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 29.Shahida MM, Rameshkumar P, Basirunc WJ, Chingd JC, Huange NM (2017) Cobalt oxide nanocubes interleaved reduced graphene oxide as an efficient electrocatalyst for oxygen reduction reaction in alkaline medium. Electrochim Acta 237:61–68. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2017.03.088 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 31.Ma CY, Wang DH, Xue WJ, Dou BJ, Wang HL, Hao ZP (2011) Investigation of formaldehyde oxidation over Co3O4-Ce2 and Au/Co3O4-CeO2 catalysts at room temperature: effective removal and determination of reaction mechanism. Environ Sci Technol 45:3628–3634. https://doi.org/10.1021/es104146v CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 33.Zhang YJ, Zhang L, Deng JG, Xie SH, Yang HG, Jiang Y, Dai HX (2015) Synthesis, characterization, and catalytic properties of MnOx/SBA-16 for toluene oxidation. In: Proceedings of the 2014 international conference on materials science and energy engineering (Cmsee 2014), p 154. https://doi.org/10.1142/9789814678971_0024
- 36.Baidya T, Murayama T, Bera P, Safonova OV, Steiger P, Katiyar NK, Biswas K, Haruta M (2017) Low-temperature CO oxidation over combustion made Fe- and Cr-doped Co3O4 catalysts: role of dopant’s nature toward achieving superior catalytic activity and stability. J Phys Chem C 121:15256–15265. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpcc.7b04348 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 43.Wang J, Zhong LP, Lu JC, Chen R, Lei YQ, Chen KZ, Han CY, He SF, Wan GP, Luo YM (2017) A solvent-free method to rapidly synthesize CuO-CeO2 catalysts to enhance their CO preferential oxidation: effects of Cu loading and calcination temperature. Mol Catal 443:241–252. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mcat.2017.10.012 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 47.Rousseau S, Loridant S, Delichere P, Boreave A, Deloume JP, Vernoux P (2009) La(1-x)SrxCo1-yFeyO3 perovskites prepared by sol-gel method: characterization and relationships with catalytic properties for total oxidation of toluene. Appl Catal B 88:438–447. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2008.10.022 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 53.Zhang XD, Hou FL, Li HX, Yang Y, Wang YX, Liu N, Yang Y (2018) A strawsheave-like metal organic framework Ce-BTC derivative containing high specific surface area for improving the catalytic activity of CO oxidation reaction. Microporous Mesoporous Mater 259:211–219. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micromeso.2017.10.019 CrossRefGoogle Scholar