Solventless preparation of ammonium persulfate microcapsules with a polypyrrole shell
- 7 Downloads
Microencapsulating water-soluble ammonium persulfate (APS) cores as gel breakers were of considerable significance for improving the gel breaking efficiency of fracturing fluids in oil fields. The general approach, which was used for synthesizing microcapsules containing water-soluble APS cores, oil-soluble organic solvents as the continuous phase, was usually essential to retain the water-soluble properties of the core materials. From the environmentally friendly view, solventless methods for synthesizing these microcapsules will be more desirable and attractive. Presented in this report is a novel solventless method to fabricate the relevant microcapsules, water-soluble APS as the cores and polypyrrole doped with petroleum resin as the shells. The release pattern of the microcapsules is burst release, and its beginning release time could be precisely controlled by changing the type of doped resins and temperatures, which makes them promising candidates for oil exploration, monomer polymerization, fiber printing, batteries, and grease applications.
The authors acknowledge the supports of National Natural Science Foundation of China (21703018, 11405014), Industry Technological Innovation Foundation of Suzhou City (SNG2017041), and Industry Technological Development Foundation of Changshu City (CN201713).
- 10.Lengert E, Saveleva M, Abalymov A, Atkin V, Wuytens PC, Kamyshinsky R, Vasiliev AL, Gorin DA, Sukhorukov GB, Skirtach AG, Parakhonskiy B (2017) Silver alginate hydrogel micro-and nanocontainers for theranostics: synthesis, encapsulation, remote release, and detection. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 9:21949–21958CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 19.Zheng ZL, Chang Z, Xu GK, McBride F, Ho A, Zhuola Z, Michailidis M, Li W, Raval R, Akhtar R, Shchukin D (2017) Microencapsulated phase change materials in solar-thermal conversion systems: understanding geometry-dependent heating efficiency and system reliability. ACS Nano 11:721–729CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 30.Wang D, Wang JY, Wang WT, Zhang H, Li GF, Zhang XY (2003) Preparation of microcapsulated gel breaker ZYEB for water base fracturing fluid. Oilfield Chem 20:220–223Google Scholar
- 31.Yang QB, Li F (2015) Preparation and application of polymeric capsule dressing for gel breaker. ShanDong Chem Ind 44:22–26Google Scholar
- 32.Wu JH, Han C (2012) Advances in research of encapsulated breaker for fracturing fluid. Guangzhou Chem Ind 40:43–45Google Scholar
- 34.Yang ZZ (1999) The production technique and mechanism of the releasing of the encapsulated gel breaker. Drill Fluid Complet Fluid 16:35–38Google Scholar
- 35.He XR, Han C, Wang X, Li K, Nuo ZXB (2010) Preparation of encapsulated breaker by media dispersion and phase separation. J Southwest Pet Univ 32:130–134Google Scholar
- 36.Chen T, Zhou X, Dang W, Niu ZQ, Zhou FX, Yang JP (2016) Properties of the MCB series microcapsule gel breaker. Drill Fluid Complet Fluid 33:114–116Google Scholar
- 37.Du BZ, Ren MG, Xuan Y (2009) Preparation and performance properties of microencapsulated slow release gel breaker MEB-1. Oilfield Chem 26:142–144Google Scholar