Influence of substrate and selenization temperatures on the growth of Cu2SnSe3 films
- 634 Downloads
The effects of substrate temperature and selenization temperature on the structure, composition, electrical and optical properties of Cu2SnSe3 films were studied systematically. Cu2SnSe3 films deposited at various substrate temperatures (303–573 K) by the flash evaporation method are found to be non-stoichiometric. To compensate the selenium deficiency and obtain a single-phase, an annealing Cu2SnSe3 films deposited at 573 K was performed in selenium atmosphere. Cu2SnSe3 films deposited at a substrate temperature of 573 K and then selenized at 673 K were single phase and polycrystalline exhibiting monoclinic structure. The films showed p-type conductivity with a direct band gap of 0.84 eV.
KeywordsSelenium Electrical Resistivity Substrate Temperature Rietveld Refinement SnSe
The authors are thankful to the Defence Research and Development Organization, New Delhi, India, for providing financial support to carry out the present research work.
- 3.Berger LI, Prochukhan VD (1969) Ternary diamond like semiconductors. Consultants Bureau, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 12.Palatnik LS, Koshkin VM, Galchinetskii LP, Kolesnikov VI, Komnik YF (1962) Sov Phys Solid State 4:1052Google Scholar
- 14.Rivet J, Flahaut J, Laruelle P (1963) Compt Rend 257:161Google Scholar
- 21.Palatnik LS, Koshkin VM, Galchinetskii LP, Kolesnikov VI, Komnik YF (1962) Fiz Tverd Tela 4:1430Google Scholar
- 22.Roth A (1980) Vacuum technology, 2nd edn. North-Holland, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- 24.Materials Studio (2007) Version 4.2. Accelrys Inc., San Diego, CAGoogle Scholar
- 26.Goryunova NA, Averkieva GK, Vaipolin AA (1965) Physics: proceedings of 23rd Science conference at Leningrad structural Engineering Institute (in Russian), Leningrad, p 52Google Scholar