Quantum computation of photoelastic properties of ionic crystals
- 82 Downloads
A general scheme for computation of photoelastic properties has been proposed using the well-established quantum ion dependent theory. The families under consideration are I–VII type ionic crystals and AB2 type cross compounds. The calculated values of strain polarisability constant (λ) for the crystals in these families are compared with the predicted values by some other workers as well as with the available experimental ones. The results of the present work are in much better agreement with the available experimental data than the earlier estimated ones. This formulation is proposed to extend for other families of similar nature and theoretical analysis of the properties of nano materials. The industrial applications are also suggested.
KeywordsDielectric Constant Ionic Crystal Alkali Halide Dependent Formulation Zinc Blend
Authors are thankful to Dr. M. K. Rawat, Principal, Agra College, Agra for providing the necessary facilities. We would like to thank Dr. K. P. Tiwari, Department of Physics, Agra College, Agra for useful comments and suggestions. One of the authors S.C.G. is thankful to the University Grants Commission, New Delhi (UGC) for providing the financial assistance.
- 2.Pitha CA (1972) In: Proceedings of the conference on high power IR laser window materials, BedfordGoogle Scholar
- 12.Maksmob O, Samarth N (2004) Phys Stat Sol B 3:241Google Scholar
- 15.Sarkar KK, Fernandez AO (1991) Proc Natl Acad Sci India 61 (A) III:433Google Scholar
- 16.Tiwari KP, Sarkar KK, Tiwari HV (2002) Indian J Pure Appl Phys 35:675Google Scholar
- 17.Tiwari KP (1998) Ph.D. Thesis, Dr. BR Ambedkar University, AgraGoogle Scholar
- 20.Tiwari KP, Sarkar KK (1995) Proc Ind Acad Sci A 65:20Google Scholar