Electrical, thermal, and dielectric properties of PbZr1−xSnxO3 (0 ≤ x ≤ 0.3) single crystals
- 116 Downloads
PbZrO3 and mixed PbZr1−xSnxO3 single crystals were grown by means of high temperature solution growth technique. A spontaneous crystallization was carried out in a Pt crucible, with PbO as a solvent. Electrical as well as thermal and dielectric properties were investigated in terms of Sn concentration. The measurements have been made in the large temperature range between 120 K and 800 K. The temperature dependences of cp for investigated crystals can be approximated by the Einstein function and at high temperatures (cubic phase) cp reaches the classical Dulong–Petit limit value ~125 J/mol K. From electrical measurements the ac and dc conductivity and the activation energies have been calculated and attributed to different types of electrical conductivity.
KeywordsOrder Phase Transition Transient Phase Tricritical Point Spontaneous Crystallization Displacive Type
This work was partially supported by the State Committee of Scientific research (KBN).
- 2.Hańderek J, Ujma Z (1977) Acta Phys Pol A 51:87Google Scholar
- 4.Roleder K (1980) Acta Phys Pol A 58:623Google Scholar
- 5.Roleder K (1988) Ferroelectrics 81:1217Google Scholar
- 11.Jaffe B, Cook W, Jaffe H (1971) Piezoelectric ceramics. Academic Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 21.Smoleński GA, Krajnik NN (1968) Segnietoelektriki i Antisegnietoelektriki, Izd. Nauka, MoscowGoogle Scholar
- 23.Janik JM (1989) Fizyka Chemiczna (Chemical physics). PWN, WarszawaGoogle Scholar
- 24.Thoman H (1984) Siemens Forsch-u Entwickl-Ber Bd 13:1Google Scholar